KFAN Coverage

DLguy

Reaction score
KFAN had a full 3 hour show live from the Sota Social in Houston from 3-6 yesterday. It was JG and Grimm hosting, and they had many great guests. It was very well put together and a lot of fun to listen to. They have a 2 hour pregame show today as well starting at 3 hosted by JG. Haven't listened to any other KFAN shows, but yesterday's show would be a good one to listen to if you are bored at work today. Of course, they couldn't help but throw in a cheap shot. Some d-bag from "Bring Me The News" mentioned the game and basically called it an insignificant game and that the stands would be empty. What a ******.

If you've caught any of the bowls that have been on so far, they've all been empty. That's the nature of the crappy bowls.

If it's not a Fruit or Flower it's probably just a made for TV event.

Beats the hell out of what 'CCO used to bring.

I agree. I really, really hope that WCCO doesn't get the rights back next year. The difference from when they had the games to the coverage with KFAN has been night and day. It's so much better now - it feels like a first class operation compared to the gee shucks Dave Lee and Dave Mona show.

Granted, if WCCO does get the games back, I don't expect we'd see Lee back in the booth - Learfield would have something to say about that, but I've really been impressed with the radio broadcasts as of late.

I agree. I really, really hope that WCCO doesn't get the rights back next year. The difference from when they had the games to the coverage with KFAN has been night and day. It's so much better now - it feels like a first class operation compared to the gee shucks Dave Lee and Dave Mona show.

Granted, if WCCO does get the games back, I don't expect we'd see Lee back in the booth - Learfield would have something to say about that, but I've really been impressed with the radio broadcasts as of late.

KFAN knows where their bread is buttered. We've gotten much better coverage in KFAN since they got the Gophers. With WCCO, we'd get gameday, and that's about it.

Some d-bag from "Bring Me The News" mentioned the game and basically called it an insignificant game and that the stands would be empty. What a ******.
Stands were empty, game was insignificant, truth hurts.

+1. I am a big Mike Grimm fan. He does a great job.

Agree. He seems to have the passion I want out of my play-by-play guy for my alma mater. Not over the top, but gets excited at the right times during game coverage. His performance on non-gameday programming has been solid. Heck, he even read one of my Twitter questions on the Jerry Kill Show once. So he gets the thumbs up from me!

I thought the Gophers brought a decent crowd, at least it looked it in the lower level where I was. The upper levels were pretty sparse on both sides...heck I would have moved down too. Both teams had to travel a long way to support so I can expect this.

The relationship between KFAN and the U is a two way street!!! Im frustrated with no show coaches/players and then the host catches heck for not supporting the U.

BTW, I LOVE The U!!!

Ya lost me.

I caught one pre-bowl show where they were expecting a coach, but acknowledge bowl required activities may prevent them from showing. Was there something more than this?

The relationship between KFAN and the U is a two way street!!! Im frustrated with no show coaches/players and then the host catches heck for not supporting the U.

BTW, I LOVE The U!!!

My alarm clock goes off to WCCO each morning. For years, I listened to Sid Hartman at 6:20 until a couple months ago when he gave that up as his earliest time slot. So, it has been a while since I have heard Sid, because I am normally on KFAN for my drive into work when the next sports slot is on at 7:40 (which Sid still does). I had my car radio on WCCO this morning to listen to the weather terrorism so I heard Sid at 7:40. Wow. His voice sounds much weaker than it did even a couple months ago and now instead of having to have one third of the questions repeated because he can't hear, it is half or more. I thought he was basically unlistenable for a few years now but that was BEFORE I heard him in his current state. It is absolutely brutal.

Meanwhile, Dave Lee goes over the celebrity birthdays each morning at about 6:55 which I could care less about other than the fact he goes through the list and it ends each time with me mystified regarding exactly how old the people are that he is supposed to be informing me about. It is very remindful of trying to guess what is going on in a football game that he is describing.

Please, please, please... keep the Gophers on KFAN. However, I don't listen to their games on the radio these days since I am at all home games and the road games are always on TV (even on Aggievision, if necessary).

Agree. He seems to have the passion I want out of my play-by-play guy for my alma mater. Not over the top, but gets excited at the right times during game coverage. His performance on non-gameday programming has been solid. Heck, he even read one of my Twitter questions on the Jerry Kill Show once. So he gets the thumbs up from me!

Couldn't agree more with the bold part, GBG!

He does a good job of that without being over the top. Like when PA does PA things. So annoying. (I really dislike PA)

Top Bottom