Kfan Coverage

TheLink

Reaction score
Two weeks into the season how do you feel about the move to Kfan? Personally I only listen to Kfan so I like it because there is so much more Gopher talk than there ever was before. So to me feels like program is getting a lot more publicity coverage but it is possible since I didn't listen to WCCO that nothing really changed.

I think they've done a great job, Justin Guard has suprised me in his sideline work as well. The best part is that they are in FM so regardless of day or night you can hear them. I'm worried about Gopher Basketball on that 1500 weak signal this winter though.

I listened to the NMSU pre-game, game, and post-game via the internet on KFAN. Thought they did an excellent job. Much better than WCCO's broadcasts. They also handled Coach Kill's seizure with class and did not sensationalize it. Kudos to KFAN for a job well done. Looking forward to listening in the future when the Gophers are not on BTN, ABC, or ESPN. Go Gophers.

Fantastic. A great move by the U of M and I think KFAN has done an excellent job.

They need more of barerrio (sp?) and his impressions. Pre-game and post-game. That will really set kfan's coverage apart from the former WCCO coverage. He can provide a lot of insight that I think most of GOPHERHOLE will really support and enjoy. So far, barrerio (sp?) is not a big enough part of the Gopher PACKAGE kfan is providing. ; 0 )

Win, lose or draw...barrerio (sp?) will be on top of any and all things Gopher Football! That will be the icing on the cake for some of you.

Personally, I don't care so much for barrerio (SP?) though...

I guess I just don't have thick enough skin to tolerate kfan in general based on their history re: the U of M...and the fact that they employ paul allen, barrerio (sp?) et. al... But, I'll bet some of you 25 to 40 something guys and dolls are big kfan fans...

; 0 )

Other than Barriero, I don't listen to KFAN (well, technically KFXN, since they have different call letters since the move to FM) anymore. KSTP is a much better sports station on a day to day basis.

That said, this was my first time listening to the Gophers coverage. I was in rural WI for the USC game, so I had to listen to the USC announcers on XM radio, and I was at the NMSU game. Overall, I was VERY impressed. Grimm, Thompson and Gaard really do a first-class job. This is the first time in years where listening to a Gopher game it actually felt like you were listening to coverage of a top college team. The upgrade from Lee and Mona is like something from another universe and the clear FM signal is a big plus. Really enjoyable across the board.

The irony of it is that Vikings games on the FAN are just about unlistenable with screaming idiot PA and babbling Greg Coleman involved.

The only thing I make a point to listen to on KFAN is Fantasy Football Weekly. I did listen on the way home tonight and thought their post game wrapup was pretty solid. Little O.T., but how have they handled the Senser situation? He was a big, big part of the Viking broadcasts and PA and Dubay for several years. Have they addressed it, or swept it under the rug like they did when Doobers got himself in a series of pickles?

Senser isn't a Fan employee far as I know. I thought he was supposed to be part of the team on WCCO with Dave Lee doing the St. Thomas games on Saturdays (cough - pathetic - cough), but with the whole issue with his wife, he wasn't on the first broadcast at least.

PA is unlistenable in my book as is Cole...I will listen to it gameday, if I'm not near a tv and I like Barriero.

Huge upgrade in the broadcast production. Earlier poster said It seems like you are listening to a major college team. Mike Grimm is not great IMO. He is ok but so far ahead than Dave Lee.

Top Bottom