Kentucky the only blue blood to land a top 10 prospect for 2020

I think this is one of the most misleading headlines I have ever seen, I hope people dont believe this. Good work on the click bait CBS.
Lets recap:
1. Cunningham: Going to Ok St 100% because they hired his brother on staff
2. Green: Going Pro
3. Mobley: Going to USC 100% because his dad is on staff and brother is on the team
4. Clarke: Kentucky
5. Williams: Standford--Lets not pretend this is like Northwestern, stanford does fine with top level recruits
6. Barnes: Fla St--Unless you have been under a rock, FSU has been a top tier team the last decade and has had plenty of 4*-5* guys that have gone to the NBA
7. Brown--Phew, poor ol Texas finally got a 5* recruit...ohh wait
8. Boston--kentucky
9. Suggs--Gonzaga, another shocker, man poor Gonzaga never any good or never gets recruits.....
10. Christopher: Brother (a 2* who appears to have 1 scholarship offer) is on the team

So to recap: We think this is "Great" because you now have to either give out a free scholarship to your brother, or hire whoever the kid says to your staff to get a guy? Or is it great because the bottom feeders of Texas, FSU, Stanford and Gonzaga are finally getting a fair shake? Pshh what a joke. This more enforces the stereotypes in recruiting, either give the kid money or go to a top 10ish program. Get back to me when the top 10 commit to Minnesota, Miss St, Boston College, Oregon St and Penn St for no reason other than they liked the coach/program and not because their dad was paid $500k a year for a job he wasnt qualified for.

I think this is one of the most misleading headlines I have ever seen, I hope people dont believe this. Good work on the click bait CBS.
Lets recap:
1. Cunningham: Going to Ok St 100% because they hired his brother on staff
2. Green: Going Pro
3. Mobley: Going to USC 100% because his dad is on staff and brother is on the team
4. Clarke: Kentucky
5. Williams: Standford--Lets not pretend this is like Northwestern, stanford does fine with top level recruits
6. Barnes: Fla St--Unless you have been under a rock, FSU has been a top tier team the last decade and has had plenty of 4*-5* guys that have gone to the NBA
7. Brown--Phew, poor ol Texas finally got a 5* recruit...ohh wait
8. Boston--kentucky
9. Suggs--Gonzaga, another shocker, man poor Gonzaga never any good or never gets recruits.....
10. Christopher: Brother (a 2* who appears to have 1 scholarship offer) is on the team

So to recap: We think this is "Great" because you now have to either give out a free scholarship to your brother, or hire whoever the kid says to your staff to get a guy? Or is it great because the bottom feeders of Texas, FSU, Stanford and Gonzaga are finally getting a fair shake? Pshh what a joke. This more enforces the stereotypes in recruiting, either give the kid money or go to a top 10ish program. Get back to me when the top 10 commit to Minnesota, Miss St, Boston College, Oregon St and Penn St for no reason other than they liked the coach/program and not because their dad was paid $500k a year for a job he wasnt qualified for.
Point taken and maybe try not having the pee soaked Cheerios for breakfast going forward:oops:.

Not sure if you read the actual article, however this was in it -

What changed? Why so much diversity this year? Cunningham and Mobley both have relatives on the staffs at the schools they'll be playing at (Cunningham's brother, Mobley's father). And Brown did say that COVID-19 in part was a factor for him deciding to be close to extended family, not knowing what the next year will bring.

Regardless of the reasons, this is a wonderful plot twist in college basketball recruiting. Oklahoma State, USC, Stanford, Florida State, Arizona State landing elite recruits is aberrational. Even Gonzaga's never landed a player ranked as high as Suggs. On an individual basis, college basketball will have a lot of atypical programs boasting one-and-done talent next season, which will make the sport that much more interesting. Variety is the spice of sport, etc.

I think the above point is relevant and as I said in my initial post, I'll take a recruiting period where the Dukies don't land a Top 10 as progress. IIRC, Christopher and Williams' choices surprised the crystal ball folks and they turned down blue bloods to go to ASU and Stanford.

IF memory serves correctly we tried the bro angle previously, paging - Wally Ellenson. I won't include Michael Hurt as he was a highly ranked state player and IIRC a top 150 guy when he inked.

Not sure if this helps, the Gophers or not, but I do think it makes it more interesting and maybe (?) easier for those type of players to choose MN. I'm a glass half full of kind of guy.

G League contracts will continue to effect this as well.

Call me cynical but has the FBI case lessened the shoe company influence resulting in other factors becoming more important.
People in power literally made the FBI case go away. What coaches and shoe companies got charged with fraud or another other big time charge? None. The Southern District was simply told to walk off, so they did.

Still can't believe Sean Miller is still allowed to coach......

Top Bottom