Kenni Burns: Another great year at the annual Running Back Grill-off!

Cam looks like hes thrilled to be there. Wouldnt want to remove those headphones
My thoughts exactly, hope he is a better teammate than he looks in this...
Eh, some people prefer the "tough" or "stoic" look in photos. Some people just don't like taking photos, and some people don't like how they look when they smile. I wouldn't read much into a posed photo with regards to someone's personality or demeanor.

Eh, some people prefer the "tough" or "stoic" look in photos. Some people just don't like taking photos, and some people don't like how they look when they smile. I wouldn't read much into a posed photo with regards to someone's personality or demeanor.
Dude could be the best guy ever. I'll just assume he is.

But wearing headphones all the time is akin to constantly glancing at your phone. You're sending a message about how much of your attention you're devoting to the folks who are there with you in person. On a bus, no big deal, at a social gathering / taking pics ... maybe that's not a message you want to send to those folks.

Dude could be great, everyone cool with it, but it's one of those messages you probably don't want to send.

But wearing headphones all the time is akin to constantly glancing at your phone. You're sending a message about how much of your attention you're devoting to the folks who are there with you in person. On a bus, no big deal, at a social gathering / taking pics ... maybe that's not a message you want to send to those folks.

Dude could be great, everyone cool with it, but it's one of those messages you probably don't want to send.
society has changed infinitely and there are tons of people who never take their headphones out for personal preference or for feelings of anxiety. i'm guessing if his teammates had beef with it, PJ would take care of it. taking anything about it out of context is a little silly.

They all are just having fun, that is what these types of teammate things are for. I make nothing of the headphones in the photo thing, It's not really that big a deal, and doesn't convey anything. I wouldn't put much judgement on it. It's just a photo after all.

Looks like one or both might be hanging over his ears. I have one earbud in and one out a lot a work. Not much different than having the radio on in the background and having a conversation.

society has changed infinitely and there are tons of people who never take their headphones out for personal preference or for feelings of anxiety. i'm guessing if his teammates had beef with it, PJ would take care of it. taking anything about it out of context is a little silly.
He can do what he likes, it's fine by me.

But I'm not sure PJ moderates every player to player gripe... or anyone really voices it. Mostly what I was posting about are the messages we send that might not even come up, might not be intentional, but get sent anyway.

I think it's even worse than looking at your phone because you could be repeatedly checking your phone because you're waiting for an important message.

I doubt he means anything by it but like you said it's sending a horrible message. Wearing earbuds at a social event is nowhere close to "elite" socially.

I think it's even worse than looking at your phone because you could be repeatedly checking your phone because you're waiting for an important message.

I doubt he means anything by it but like you said it's sending a horrible message. Wearing earbuds at a social event is nowhere close to "elite" socially.
Younger people have earbuds hanging on ears or in ears all the time. It's more normal for them and seems really odd to us old people. I would also maybe want more context before judging. For all we know he just got out of the car and someone grabbed him for a quick photo.

Buddy of mine's dad is 90.

He went to dinner with his dad. He's in the middle of telling his dad a story when suddenly his dad says something like.

What? ... Yeah, ok, Tuesday is good.

So now my buddy is wondering if his dad heard him correctly or is maybe just not ... all there.

He asks his dad why he said that. Turns out the nurse at the place his dad stays at showed him how to connect his hearing aids to his iPhone and now his dad just takes calls without doing anything at all.

Also while in the middle of his son telling him a story...

Younger people have earbuds hanging on ears or in ears all the time. It's more normal for them and seems really odd to us old people. I would also maybe want more context before judging. For all we know he just got out of the car and someone grabbed him for a quick photo.
I'm just a few years younger than he is. I wear headphones a ton but if I wore them to a social event with my friends or coworkers they probably wouldn't ask him again.

Maybe the pictures are out of context but considering he has them on in 2 different pictures and combined with the expression on his face it seems likely that he was disinterested.

Looks like one or both might be hanging over his ears. I have one earbud in and one out a lot a work. Not much different than having the radio on in the background and having a conversation.
Yeah but these are .... wired.

Clearly it's a "fashion", and not function. I mean, I guess. Someone check on tiktok.

I'm just a few years younger than he is. I wear headphones a ton but if I wore them to a social event with my friends or coworkers they probably wouldn't ask him again.

Maybe the pictures are out of context but considering he has them on in 2 different pictures and combined with the expression on his face it seems likely that he was disinterested.
I guess as someone who is never thrilled to get my picture taken (even more so when I was younger) I am cutting him some slack.

They all are just having fun, that is what these types of teammate things are for. I make nothing of the headphones in the photo thing, It's not really that big a deal, and doesn't convey anything. I wouldn't put much judgement on it. It's just a photo after all.
I agree, and I didn't even notice it. Talk about nit-picking!!! What's next, someone's shoe lace is untied and we can talk about how sloppy and careless they must be?

Rough crowd.

Maybe he was just bummed that he didn't win...

Hope he wasn't listening to that rock and roll music that's getting all these kids into trouble!

Top Bottom