Keep Terry Hoese in your thoughts...

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
Reaction score
Terry's prognosis is very grim. The latest from the family:

"We've had a very sad day. Terry's ICP's keep spiking, and the doctors met with us today to tell us that they are running out of drugs to give Terry. They work for awhile, and then the spiking starts again. In addition, they have CT scans that show "profound" areas of damage in his brain. They're not exactly sure what functions are damaged ... they can suggest what they THINK might be damaged, but can't be certain.

They are pretty much saying they don't know what else to try, and with the brain damage that they are aware of (and suspect more), our hope is running out.

So we've been numb, and sad, and looking for any little glimmer of hope. And now we've read your latest messages here, and feel we can't give up hope. There's so much love and support being shown for Terry - how could God ignore all these pleas for help? We’ve been looking for a miracle all along – please pray with us that it is delivered soon!! THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!!!"

Caring Bridge link: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/terryhoese/journal

Highwayman

Thanks for the update Highway - The Hoese's surely have Gopher Nation in their corner.

The latest post on Terry

l.ejhewNetwECYvEnE.jpg

Please check the Caring Bridge site for any more updates. It is a sad day for us all. This was posted early this A.M.:

"Sorry this is so late. We had another sad day, with additional bad news. We've heard so many of you say to stay positive, and to not give up hope. But Terry's doctors (experts in their field) have recommended we make him comfortable, that there is nothing more they can do for him. Our pastor reminded us that God can perform miracles with or without machines and drugs. So we waiver - it feels like "making him comfortable" means giving up. It doesn't - but it feels like it. And yet to keep fighting with no new weapons seems pointless.

Your prayers, though, have meant more than you can know. We feel the strength and support - especially during these last two days! With this whole thing starting on the day and time it did (when I was home and able to take Terry to the clinic), it seemed there was a Divine Plan we were following, and that Terry would pull through. But perhaps there is a different beauty that will result from this same Divine Plan. Something we will realize somewhere down the road. But as long as Terry has breath, there is HOPE - and we haven't given up."

Highwayman

My thoughts and prayers are with this family. It impossible to relate to the feelings, when the doctor says we can make him comfortable. There is denial, rage, compassion, helplessness, hope, the questioning of why. Hopefully they will find peace and understanding.

To the Hoese family

God says "I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me."

Pray and find comfort knowing that HE is there for you.

Top Bottom