Justin Gaard

KFAN can't win on this forum. Finally get a guy who talks "positive" about the Gophers and has good and fair coverage and you rip him.
I think people are using JG as a ripping proxy because they don't like the corporation that owns the station for which he works.

I think it is sad that no U of M journalism graduates end up working in the local market or even hold visible positions in large market outlets. *That* is a symptom of how off kilter the University is towards undergraduate education.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I could be wrong, but pretty sure JG and Corey Cove both graduated from the U journalism school

I think it is sad that no U of M journalism graduates end up working in the local market

This has been my preference over a friggin Hawkeye any day. Course it's hard to compete against the folks who work for the radio broadcast company itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been my preference over a friggin Hawkeye any day. Course it's hard to compete against the folks who work for the radio broadcast company itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We don't know of Cove declined or went for the job and lost. JG has some good insights, but it is obvious that this is just a job until the next comes along.

We don't know of Cove declined or went for the job and lost. JG has some good insights, but it is obvious that this is just a job until the next comes along.

Do you even listen to KFAN? JG's skill set is much better suited to being part of the gameday crew than Cove. Cove is great in the morning and on post game stuff taking calls with the public, but isn't as much of a "reporter" as Gaard. Cove's style is much more editorial/opinion than Gaard. Just because he went to the U does not make him a better fit. And of course it's a stepping stone, that's the case for most people on the radio, it's a work your way up business. Sideline reporter for a middle tier college football radio team is not a career destination.

Do you even listen to KFAN? JG's skill set is much better suited to being part of the gameday crew than Cove. Cove is great in the morning and on post game stuff taking calls with the public, but isn't as much of a "reporter" as Gaard. Cove's style is much more editorial/opinion than Gaard. Just because he went to the U does not make him a better fit. And of course it's a stepping stone, that's the case for most people on the radio, it's a work your way up business. Sideline reporter for a middle tier college football radio team is not a career destination.
Um.... I must listen to KFAN if I have heard JG do sideline reporting.

I think most of this discussion is referencing the weekly gig with Dan B., plus the couple of Gophers-exclusive JG shows outside the games too.

He's much more than gameday now, and obviously it's considered pretty good radio by some on this board.

Top Bottom