Just Wrong

retrogoldy

Reaction score
So someone has made a video of Coach Kill having his seizure on Saturday with the music of "Shake Your Booty" added to it. What kind of person would do such a thing? Disgusting!!! I cant post it on here but there is such a video out on youtube... hopefully youtube will take it down.

I need to remember to send a thank-you note to the BTN for that nice piece of producing.

I need to remember to send a thank-you note to the BTN for that nice piece of producing.
The BTN didn't do anything wrong, how were they supposed to know that he was going to have a seizure? The shot of him on the ground was a pretty typical shot of an injury. They cut away quickly once the seizure happened and didn't show any replays or additional footage of it. I thought it was handled pretty well by the network.

Panthersqwak

Willing to bet my money on this one. He was over on the Wisconsin board making fun of Kill and his seizure over there. He's the only one demented enough to do something like this...

This is not only wrong, it is downright sick and disgusting.

The BTN didn't do anything wrong, how were they supposed to know that he was going to have a seizure? The shot of him on the ground was a pretty typical shot of an injury. They cut away quickly once the seizure happened and didn't show any replays or additional footage of it. I thought it was handled pretty well by the network.

Just about all live TV is now around 5-7 seconds delayed after the Super Bowl slip up a few years back. Thus, every program that is "live" is actually 5-7 behind. They had 5-7 seconds to cut away, and they missed it. I'm with TheJackass that it was bad producing

Totally classless, its gotta be either a becky or a squawkeye fan, possible panthertwat but I dont think he has the capabilities to edit videos. I thought big ten network handled it appropriately, they cut away as soon as he started convultions.

Complain to YouTube and get it pulled down.

Just about all live TV is now around 5-7 seconds delayed after the Super Bowl slip up a few years back. Thus, every program that is "live" is actually 5-7 behind. They had 5-7 seconds to cut away, and they missed it. I'm with TheJackass that it was bad producing

Is that even how it works? Can they just change the camera of a shot that's already taken live? I suppose they could have blurred it or something, but it's not like they could literally change the camera shot once it was done, could they? I thought the 5-7 second delay just allowed time to bleep or blur anything obscene.

Is that even how it works? Can they just change the camera of a shot that's already taken live? I suppose they could have blurred it or something, but it's not like they could literally change the camera shot once it was done, could they? I thought the 5-7 second delay just allowed time to bleep or blur anything obscene.

I guess I assumed that the 5-7 was to be able to just cut the shot completely. For instance, when the Super Bowl slip up happened, they just cut to black and then commercial if I remember right. I would think they could just cut from the shot of him on the sideline, to the guys in the booth, commericial, or whatnot. I guess I'm not really sure, but I figured the 5-7 was to prevent obscene things from happening on TV.

FWIW, when I was watching the USC game on ABC I had to delay the video feed by a few seconds to let KFAN catch up so I could listen to the local call. The video delays might not be as big as the audio delays where they have to worry about fans calling into whine line, etc.

I haven't tried to do it this year, but in the past when I've watched a game on TV and tried to listen to the radio, the TV was less delayed than the radio was.

Totally classless, its gotta be either a becky or a squawkeye fan, possible panthertwat but I dont think he has the capabilities to edit videos. I thought big ten network handled it appropriately, they cut away as soon as he started convultions.
Is it as classy as your casual misogyny?

Just spend the night in a public room on xbox live and there won't be anything left that can shock you. I would guess it is more likely the work of a classless kid (and there are literally of hundreds of thousands of them out thre), than it is some rival fan.

I used to get all upset about on-line players dropping the 'N' word or incorporating nazi symbols into their on-line personas. At first it freaked me out until I realized only about 10% or less of them actually feel that way. The majority are looking to shock others and get attention. Negative attention is better than no attention at all, is their motto. They have no clue how hurtful these images can be because they are too ignorant to know better and they are armed with a "rage against the machine" mentality that disconnects them from understanding what idiots they are being. They'll convey that counter culture stuff even if it is rooted in hurtful hate... because they are just too dumb to help themselves.

Oh, and I like the band... not specifically ripping on the band, but rather highlighting the misguided anti-establishment, attention mongering attitudes you can't help but be witness to on line.

i think the mods should close/delete this thread. nothing against the OP. but just like the classless video on youtube should be deleted, imo opinion this thread (not saying this thread is classless) should also closed/deleted.

think about it. all we/the board are doing is giving it attention (which is what stupid, sick in the head mo-fo's like pat reusse and the idiot who posted this coach kill video on youtube want) and therefore potentially driving people to it on youtube. just my two cents. and yes i know the OP was NOT intending to make light of the sick video or anything like that.

That's not necessarily true, especially for a cable channel like BTN. Only the Broadcast networks have to worry about getting fined. I'm not saying it's not delayed, but I would assume it's not, since there's no reason for it to be. Either way, it's hard to fault BTN. No one really knew what was going on for those first few seconds.

I work for a television station and I think others in the industry would back me up on this (Doogie?)...

I thought BTN handled the Kill sideline situation tastefully. The clip I have seen on YouTube shows BTN on Kill for several seconds but once he started to show signs of the seizure, they quickly switched cameras. While some live broadcasts do have a several second delay, it's tough to catch it and properly cover inappropriate content.

I think we all want to see an injured player when he's down so we can try to investigate what the injury is. However, things like convulsions, open wounds, etc are too much. Until Coach Kill started to move erratically, BTN's producers likely didn't have the knowledge of his medical history and had no way to know what happened would happen.

So someone has made a video of Coach Kill having his seizure on Saturday with the music of "Shake Your Booty" added to it. What kind of person would do such a thing? Disgusting!!! I cant post it on here but there is such a video out on youtube... hopefully youtube will take it down.

The same kind of person who prefers to use a rectal thermometer over an oral thermometer because he/she enjoys the taste?

Top Bottom