Just Wondering Had Everyone Seen This...

Fun read. Although I don't think the Gophers will contend for a Big10 championship or anything, I'm a little surprised just how poorly the national media thinks the Gophers will be. I see no reason to think this team is any worse than the last couple of years...our defense could be a real surprise and if Weber can consistently make the smart decisions, we could be the sort of team that will contend in almost every game.

Good read. Nice assessment of this team. I think the conclusion is spot on; it is really hard to handicap this team. It could be a 9-3 team or a 4-8 team. I think we will know which record is more likely after the first games against MTSU.

I'm surprised very little was brought up about our RBs. I know WR is a big questionmark with Decker gone, but I thought the WR group did fairly well when he got hurt last year. Besides Weber, I think our RB situation is by far our biggest questionmark and area in need of improvement.

Still a good read though.

Good read. Nice assessment of this team. I think the conclusion is spot on; it is really hard to handicap this team. It could be a 9-3 team or a 4-8 team. I think we will know which record is more likely after the first games against MTSU.

I agree that it is really tough to handicap. I think the D was better than this ranking because they supported an offense that couldn't make a first down.

Things that support a rosy outlook: O-line experience, QB experience, O and D coordinators, high test talent getting their chance on D

Things that challenge a rosy outlook: Running game weak last year, new starters on D, QB shaky last year, tough schedule

College Football Zealots Preview

Thanks for posting a link for our preview featuring the Q&A with the Minnesota blog Fringe Bowl Team. We also have previews up for Illinois, Michigan, Northwestern, Ohio State, and Purdue if you want to check out what some of your conference foes have to say.

Top Bottom