Just walked by the stadium

Section 109 Row 8-Middle
Reaction score
The brick work is getting done. It is going to look great. This stadium looks like they did not skimp on a single aspect of it. I also liked the water holding pond that they are building across the street from the stadium. This is a stadium of which the State of Minnesota and the University can be very proud!

Great news! A U that can bring in a Tubby Smith can build a class facility! TCF will do all the great things for the program we all hoped it would do. Brewster will use it to great advantage. The only ? may be the Gopher fan game day. I truly believe that the fans will be up to the task and pleasantly surprise us all. Wish the students didn't have so many 11am game times, but they will adjust.

I would agree that it seems like it appears the U has put together a first rate structure. To this point, the concrete wall was the one disappointment I had with the design, but someone did the right thing and that has been taken care of. In looking at all the pictures, I can honestly say that there is not one disappointing thing I can find about it.

Is there only 1 webcam view of the stadium now? That off center, overlooking one? Tcfbankstadium.com doesnt give me an option anymore for webcam #2..

If anyone has some fresh pictures, I'd like to take a gander at them :D

The brick covers most of field wall now. The only part

to yet cover is the area between the between the end zone and student section/ band. I hope they cover the wall behind the band as well, since the wall in front of the band is short. That would look really great on TV during extra point attempts.

The brick will really field wall will look expecially good on TV, much like Memorial Stadium looked very good despite all the neglect on the '81 OSU ESPN game replayed on the BTN last month.

Yesterday there were openings in the orange temporary fences, and security did not seem to be around, so many people were walking around the exterior and standing in the plaza. I rode my bike around the stadium inside the columns and those walking around the stadium in that covered area will be very impressed in three weeks.. The columns, curves, and arched portals give the area a very nice look, riding inside it on a bike was very exhilerating. That area will be lit every night, so it will really stand out for those driving by.

The plaza outside the gates is also very impressive area, with good views of the two arenas, McNamera Center, the stadium itself, and some of the field. People will be milling about there throughout the games.

The Iowa fans who dismiss this stadium will be blown away if they ever set foot in the place, although some will never admit it.

Brickhouse

I have made several strolls around the stadium in the past few weeks and each time I am awed by the structure. It is a beautiful structure and one of which the entire State of Minnesota can take pride. I can imagine people from all over the state having their pictures taken in front of their home county name on the outside wall. Memorial Stadium was wonderful and I hold it dearly in my heart. Our new stadium, and I will call it the Brickhouse, will be a source of pride into the next century.

I wish they would take that damn orange fence down so you can get closer. I drove down Friday from ND to get a look and wanted to get closer. The brick is awesome. One of the things I was most impressed with was the landscaping. This is usually one of the things that tends to get axed in budget cuts, but they spared no expenses surrounding the stadium with picturesque landscaping. We also drove by Target Field. My wife, who could care less about both stadiums, commented TCF Bank Stadium was 100 times better looking than Target Field. Although I agree TCF Bank is more appealing, I also loved Target Field.

This is the best I could do

I went and took a walk around the stadium today. Some of the orange fencing was down so I walked up to the gate and snapped a couple shots. You can kinda see the brick in the southeast corner. The last image is where my seats will be.

Attachments

• IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1669.jpg
    IMG_1669.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1670.jpg
    IMG_1670.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 95

Top Bottom