Just the way it goes in the never ending arms race called college sports.

Well considering that BANKS just about drove our entire country into the pisser with corruption, yeah I'm not too fond of them and think it's unfortunate that you have a large one plastered on the side of your football stadium.

I don't think Herb Kohl had or has any plans on bringing the American economy to its knees.

That would be the Wall Street banks. Twin Cities Federal isn't on Wall Street. And, it might come as a surprise to you, but Twin Cities Federal Bank does have some connection to the Twin Cities, which is where the University of Minnesota is located.

If if you think the thread made no sense, that just indicates a lack of mental capacity on your part. An example was cited in a discussion of an arms race in college athletics. It's a legitimate question of whether or not the spending in college athletics is sustainable. Just because you don't think a particular example is applicable doesn't mean the thread doesn't make sense.

A bank is evil...

Well considering that BANKS just about drove our entire country into the pisser with corruption, yeah I'm not too fond of them and think it's unfortunate that you have a large one plastered on the side of your football stadium.

I don't think Herb Kohl had or has any plans on bringing the American economy to its knees.[/QUOTE
but....
In 1972 the British-American Tobacco Company's (parent of U.S. subsidiary Brown & Williamson Tobacco Co.) U.S. retail division, BATUS Inc., bought a controlling interest in Kohl's Corp.

A chain of stores formerly owned by a tobacco company is some banner of great responsibility?
And yes Herb took his money a ran for senate with it...Typical wisconsin hypocrisy.

One time, target refused to return the dora backpack i bought there, just because i used it once.

That is why the new Twins stadium is awful.

(Sarcasm)

We are better endowed than the peasants to the east. Suck that.

Well either way, I think the "Kohl Center" rolls off the tongue a bit nicer than the "TCF Bank Stadium". Judging from all the stink that many Gopher fans put up when the news of the naming deal came out, I don't think I'm alone.

Wisconsinites were proud to put the name of a well-known and respected senator who has fiercely supported not only our University and it's Athletics, but also someone who has been a champion for the entire state for many, many years. He gave a gift at his personal expense- Kohl's Department Stores had nothing to do with it.

The $7 million for naming rights will NOT be given away to a chain bank I can assure you of that. It will either be a single private donor or a family. Probably with relevant ties directly to the University.

Dude, you cannot be serious. Say 'TCF Bank' and then say 'Kohl Center'. Which is quicker off the tongue?

Secondly, I don't think this has anything to do with an arms race. In fact I think it's Wisconsin's decision to keep up with the lower tier of the Big Ten as far as a stadium goes. If you look at all the renovations across the Big Ten its pretty clear that Wisconsin's additions the past 10 years pale in comparison to what most of the Big Ten has done. Northwestern being at the bottom because they really haven't done much to enhance the fan experience.

The suites and club level at Camp Randall must have been designed by a blind architect or a first year architecture student. Walk on the East side of the stadium and NOT ONE WINDOW looking east out of the club level? They must have spent all their glazing budget on putting all the suites and club seats inside and climate controlled. What a mistake that was putting all the high priced seats inside....that will come back to haunt this stadium, who wants to pay that kind of money and sit inside?
In addition, I had seats in the end zone directly in front of the old field house (which was redone a few years back) and was astonished that they had PORTA POTTIES in the concourse. Who did they get to design this place?

That is just the easy complaints. They should have spent more money on a new press box and covering up that erector set you call the second deck on the West side. Embarrassing if you ask me.

How many rows of seating near field level do they have covered up? Looks like crap on television and in person.

It's also embarrassing that the students can't seem to find their seats to perteneer half time, and trickle out right after the third quarter starts.

We are better endowed than the peasants to the east. Suck that.

Yes, because that has to do with anything being discussed here- unless your AD was so bankrupt that you built your stadium using your endowment funds?

Rule of the hole redgab...when you're in one, stop digging.

Now head back to buckyville, and keep pretending you are superior.

Yes, because that has to do with anything being discussed here- unless your AD was so bankrupt that you built your stadium using your endowment funds?

I'm sorry you're not well endowed. Look, it's not your fault, redgaB. It's not your fault.

its-not-your-fault.jpg

Just remember, peasant: it's not the size of the ship; it's the motion of the ocean.

Top Bottom