Julian Huff

denguegopher

Reaction score
my MVP even before the late fumble recovery.

He deserves his own thread. Well done Ju Huff

Huff, Brooks, Hardin, Still. All played big roles. All true Freshman.

Made a big play.

But dude has gotten smoked more times this year than I care to remember.

The kid is workman like and I love those type if players

McGhee and Hardin had nice games as well. Huff is really good at that speed rush and usually seems to get to the QB. Staff does a good job picking their spots on when to send him as well.

Huge credit to the coaches too!

Huff, Brooks, Hardin, Still. All played big roles. All true Freshman.

These are kind of under the radar recruits that the coaches thought could perform and got them here. In the case of Huff, I'm not too sure many coaches follow through and put him in games at defensive end. Very nice use of his abilities!

Gotta beat the Badgers!

Duke McGhee > Kunle Ayinde

Agree. Ayinde filled in well at the beginning, but has been exposed a little bit as the year has gone on. I'm still impressed overall with the year he's had for a walk on. Good to see Duke step up today. In my estimation the two biggest injuries this year have been Damarius Travis and Lincoln Plsek. Travis had developed himself into a real playmaker in both the run game and pass game at the safety position.

So next year Gophers starting secondary will be Travis, Myrick, Hardin, and McGhee?

So next year Gophers starting secondary will be Travis, Myrick, Hardin, and McGhee?

My guess is Rogers will start over McGhee and possibly Craig James starting over Hardin.

Does Huff have a natural position?

Going to be a crowded defensive backfield next year.

I don't see where Huff plays.

Is he tall enough to play linebacker? Not in our system, it looks to me.

Oh yeah i forgot about Ace.

I think Dior is a safety Winasota.

He's listed as a LB. I'm not sure if he'll ever be an every down LB but maybe I am wrong. He certainly looks like he has a spot in obvious passing situations though.

More important than the top 4 are the top 8:

CB- Myrick
CB- James
CB- Hardin
CB- Shenault

S- Travis
S- Rogers
S- McGhee
S- Ayinde

Julian Huff is a linebacker. His brother Jacob is a Strong Safety. He did very well in Spring & Fall camps running with the 2's along with E. Williams & J. Celestin. He hits like a ton of bricks and will be a fan fav at LB before it's all over.

You don't see where the guy who is currently playing as a true fresh, and playing well, plays in the future? Is he tall enough? Is this real life?

Our JV team has been toe-to-toe with pretty stiff competition the last half of the season. At least 7 true freshmen played a part today: Brooks, Still, T.Moore, Hardin, the Huff brothers, and Shenault.

Natural position? He can rush the passer unlike most of our defenders. What a valuable skill. He will be on the field plenty.

Yea, I'm pretty sure the true freshman that made the defensive play of the game will be on the field next year. Even without the injuries, he was projected to make an impact this year... May not be an every down linebacker, but he'll be someone teams have to plan for.

Top Bottom