Judd Zulgad: Gophers’ miserable season should be allowed to end

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Judd:

If the folks in charge of extending bowl bids have any compassion they will leave the Minnesota Gophers alone. Yes, one of the lesser bowls might be tempted to call the five-win Gophers to try to fill out the field, but at this point that would qualify as cruel and unusual punishment.

After losing 31-21 to the Wisconsin Badgers on Saturday at TCF Bank Stadium, it’s safe to say this: The 2015 Gophers have had enough.

Don’t tell us about how the extra practice time and bowl-game experience will help. This program needs to forget this season ASAP and having it extended by another month isn’t going to help.

This was a season in which coach Jerry Kill was forced to resign because of health issues. It was a season in which the school felt it necessary to hand the head coaching job to defensive coordinator Tracy Claeys because the university has no athletic director and apparently felt no one worth talking to about the head job would want it. It was a season in which injuries left the roster decimated, or at least that was their story.

http://www.1500espn.com/gophers-2/2015/11/zulgad-gophers-miserable-season-should-be-allowed-to-end/

Go Gophers!!

per Judd:

If the folks in charge of extending bowl bids have any compassion they will leave the Minnesota Gophers alone. Yes, one of the lesser bowls might be tempted to call the five-win Gophers to try to fill out the field, but at this point that would qualify as cruel and unusual punishment.

After losing 31-21 to the Wisconsin Badgers on Saturday at TCF Bank Stadium, it’s safe to say this: The 2015 Gophers have had enough.

Don’t tell us about how the extra practice time and bowl-game experience will help. This program needs to forget this season ASAP and having it extended by another month isn’t going to help.

This was a season in which coach Jerry Kill was forced to resign because of health issues. It was a season in which the school felt it necessary to hand the head coaching job to defensive coordinator Tracy Claeys because the university has no athletic director and apparently felt no one worth talking to about the head job would want it. It was a season in which injuries left the roster decimated, or at least that was their story.

http://www.1500espn.com/gophers-2/2015/11/zulgad-gophers-miserable-season-should-be-allowed-to-end/

Go Gophers!!

thank you

completely agree with him-- the extra practices would be nice but if it is only leading to another embarrassing loss to a mediocre team that will make it even worse heading into spring

I take everything from 1500 ESPN for what it is worth.......meaning nothing.

It was a season in which injuries left the roster decimated, or at least that was their story.

Looks like he's alleging that the Gophers are lying about the injuries. If he has reason to think that, he should say it outright.

Any team with a 5-7 record playing in a bowl game is just pathetic. It was bad enough when 6-6 teams became eligible to play. I guess the pussification of America is nearly complete.

Any team with a 5-7 record playing in a bowl game is just pathetic. It was bad enough when 6-6 teams became eligible to play. I guess the pussification of America is nearly complete.

You really think there are so many bowl games just to give more teams a chance to play? It's all about money.

Let the players heal and rest up. This season was brutal.

Why doesn't this take surprise me? Judd gets paid to be miserable about something or other.

per Judd:

Go Gophers!!

This is absolute BS, click-bait, stir-the-pot journalism. If the Gophers have any chance to go to a bowl, they and their real fan base take it all f-ing day long. This talk about "I hope we don't get invited to a bowl" is complete crap. Enough!

The Gophers had a heck of a defense in 1st game against TCU, by the last game it was tough. Time to get healthy and look to next year

This is absolute BS, click-bait, stir-the-pot journalism. If the Gophers have any chance to go to a bowl, they and their real fan base take it all f-ing day long. This talk about "I hope we don't get invited to a bowl" is complete crap. Enough!

This demand for a team that went 5-7 to get a Bowl Invitation "is complete crap". Yeah "just give everybody a participation trophy" huh? :rolleyes:

This demand for a team that went 5-7 to get a Bowl Invitation "is complete crap". Yeah "just give everybody a participation trophy" huh? :rolleyes:

If you get invited. You absolutely go. And, if you are any bit a fan of the program, you take it all damn day long. If you have a problem with the rules, talk to the NCAA.

If you get invited. You absolutely go. And, if you are any bit a fan of the program, you take it all damn day long. If you have a problem with the rules, talk to the NCAA.

If you get invited you should have no choice but to go. You are a member of the Big Ten and you take the money, you take the good with the bad. Oh, and if your a fan of the program your butt should be in the seats for every game or at least the Home games. Right?

If you get invited you should have no choice but to go. You are a member of the Big Ten and you take the money, you take the good with the bad. Oh, and if your a fan of the program your butt should be in the seats for every game or at least the Home games. Right?

All home AND away games.

All home AND away games.

Nope, Season Ticket purchases. That money goes to the U whether the ticket holder gets there or not. I mean as long as your making the decision on whether a 5-7 team should go to a Bowl Game a referrendum on being a fan or not anybody who doesn't even spend the money on Season Tickets surely can't be considered much of a fan period right?

I mean, how are they going have the money to buy all the participation trophies you want to hand out? :D

Nope, Season Ticket purchases. That money goes to the U whether the ticket holder gets there or not. I mean as long as your making the decision on whether a 5-7 team should go to a Bowl Game a referrendum on being a fan or not anybody who doesn't even spend the money on Season Tickets surely can't be considered much of a fan period right?

I mean, how are they going have the money to buy all the participation trophies you want to hand out? :D

No wonder I went, "Huh?" when you labeled yourself usually optimistic somewhere in all these posts today.

What? Who is handing out trophies? Can I get a ham sandwich?

GopherBulldog;11467[B said:
53]What? Who is handing out trophies[/B]? Can I get a ham sandwich?

You and by the response I'm guessing that the price of a ham sandwich is more that you spend on Season Tickets you super fan you!

You and by the response I'm guessing that the price of a ham sandwich is more that you spend on Season Tickets you super fan you!

If hoping we get an invite to a bowl game and happily accepting it makes me a super fan, send me the super fan PJs.

If hoping we get an invite to a bowl game and happily accepting it makes me a super fan, send me the super fan PJs.

When you buy your Season Tickets will happily send you those super fan pajamas. Only a Salem or Brewster fan would get all giggly about a 5-7 season.

When you buy your Season Tickets will happily send you those super fan pajamas. Only a Salem or Brewster fan would get all giggly about a 5-7 season.

More of a Wacker man myself. But, whatever.

Looks like he's alleging that the Gophers are lying about the injuries. If he has reason to think that, he should say it outright.

I'm not sure he's really alleging that but did you notice the number of injuries categorized as "undisclosed?"

What he is saying is that there isn't much evidence that an uninjured team had enough talent to do much more than this one did.

Top Bottom