Judd says Badger fans don't consider Minnesota a rival

Stan

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well.
Judd's an idiot, so take his word for what it's worth.

A- that's not what a rivalry means which is why Bama and Auburn have been rivals despite Bama having 10 times the success.
B- that's not true
C- I don't care what Badger fans think since they're some of the most uninformed fans I've come across and I live in WI so I know what I'm talking about here

If we win a few games in football against them in the next few years, this type of ridiculousness will change.

The "hate" maybe isn't there as much as say a Ohio St. but that is because they've beaten us year after year. Once we win a game or two, it will be back at the highest level.

Either way, to say they don't consider us a rival at all is ridiculous. Some may say a different team is a bigger rival right now, but they would still consider it to be a rivalry.

As usual Judd is wrong. One thing I will say though is KFAN definitely does not consider 1500 ESPN as competition. When your ratings are 10x, it's not competition.

As usual Judd is wrong. One thing I will say though is KFAN definitely does not consider 1500 ESPN as competition. When your ratings are 10x, it's not competition.

Beat me to it. Even Soupcan bolted for FM and the struggling Ticket. Good thing he tweeted that message. No one listening to the radio would hear it.

If we win a few games in football against them in the next few years, this type of ridiculousness will change.

The "hate" maybe isn't there as much as say a Ohio St. but that is because they've beaten us year after year. Once we win a game or two, it will be back at the highest level.

Either way, to say they don't consider us a rival at all is ridiculous. Some may say a different team is a bigger rival right now, but they would still consider it to be a rivalry.

I actually already to consider it to be at it's highest level. The past two years both teams were top 25 when they pleyed. Doesn't get that much better than that plus last years game was for the division crown and some competitive.

he"s 100$ correct.On Badger game week I wear Minnesota gear from head to toe and try to engage Badger fans in some smack talk. They just look at me and laugh & walk away. I guess 2-20 will do that

yeah there's no rivalry. that's why the fans verbally joust every year and there have been near fights on the field at football games. Makes a ton of sense

Well.
Judd's an idiot, so take his word for what it's worth.

Agreed. Minnesota-Wisconsin is a great rivalry. For many years Alabama dominated Auburn, but no one would say the Iron Bowl was ever meaningless. Same for the ax game.

Hitting a hornets nest with a stick doesn't make a bee keeper, and antagonizing a fan base doesn't make you a sports analyst.

Who is Judd Zulgad? Thinks the longest rivalry in college football isnt a rivalry? I must not be missing much.

Plus Minnesota leads the series 59-57-8 I believe. That is as even as a rivalry gets.

he"s 100$ correct.On Badger game week I wear Minnesota gear from head to toe and try to engage Badger fans in some smack talk. They just look at me and laugh & walk away. I guess 2-20 will do that

If someone was dressed head to toe in team gear and walked up to me to engage in some smack talk, I'd probably laugh and walk away regardless of team affiliation.

I live and work in WI and the moment people learn I'm from MN and a MN fan they constantly trash talk. They usually shut up when I ask them how much PT they get

I live and work in WI and the moment people learn I'm from MN and a MN fan they constantly trash talk. They usually shut up when I ask them how much PT they get

OK..I live in Milwaukee. The Rivalry is more with Michigan st here. Mich st best players in football are from the Milwaukee Metro area Intense recruiting battles Michigan st recruits Milwaukee/Wisconsin heavy these days. I cant get any rise out the Badger fans in this area about the Gophers and oh how I try.

I still don't think that means we're not a rival anymore. A win or two by us in the next few years and I bet your experience will be different. It doesn't go from no rivalry to big time rivalry in a year or two.

I still don't think that means we're not a rival anymore. A win or two by us in the next few years and I bet your experience will be different. It doesn't go from no rivalry to big time rivalry in a year or two.

How does a win take care of a Century of domination? Even in basketball its BO vs IZZO...in the 414

Plus Minnesota leads the series 59-57-8 I believe. That is as even as a rivalry gets.
In order to have any kind of heat, there has to be exchanging of wins in the recent past. Yes, the 120+ year history is even but the Gophs haven't done much to maintain the rivalry over the last decade and I wouldn't be surprised if a new generation of Badger fans don't care much about Minnesota.

In order to have any kind of heat, there has to be exchanging of wins in the recent past. Yes, the 120+ year history is even but the Gophs haven't done much to maintain the rivalry over the last decade and I wouldn't be surprised if a new generation of Badger fans don't care much about Minnesota.

As a fan base the badger faithful are as fat, spoiled, and drunk(literally) as any one fanbase can be right now. They literally have no recollection of the painful days right now. That WILL change, at some point this whole cute cycle will end and they'll be back in the muck.
At that point you'll see the "heat" build, and the fat, drunk, stupid badger fans we all deal with on a regular basis will go from the happy drunks they are now, to the angry drunks they truly are. It will be bad, real bad basically because of the phenomenon you point out: Younger wisky fans have lived in the greatest era of their schools' history.
The only question is whether the new fans built over the past decades get angry or simply lose interest and fade away into their miller lite, which is what sconnie fans used to do when their teams sucked.

I found the problem he used the word think something he's incapable of doing

It would be easy to be an arrogant prick if your holding a 20-2 record for the last 22 games. I am old enough to remember Wisconsin being a yawner at one time. They figured out the benefits of taking the athletic side of the business seriously. We are in that process now and at some point real soon, Madison may not be as appealing to some of the recruits they have gathered from this are in the past.

How does a win take care of a Century of domination? Even in basketball its BO vs IZZO...in the 414

I didn't say it would totally erase what has happened in the past. But I don't see how you wouldn't expect to get some different reactions if we win a few over them. That is all.

I think a better way to say it would be "I don't think Badgers fans consider the Gophers to be a big rival in football or basketball."

And that is probably true for some of their fans. But it certainly isn't the case for all of them. And it is because they have constantly beaten us. We win a few and the "hate" probably returns for some of their fans.

As a fan base the badger faithful are as fat, spoiled, and drunk(literally) as any one fanbase can be right now. They literally have no recollection of the painful days right now. That WILL change, at some point this whole cute cycle will end and they'll be back in the muck.
At that point you'll see the "heat" build, and the fat, drunk, stupid badger fans we all deal with on a regular basis will go from the happy drunks they are now, to the angry drunks they truly are. It will be bad, real bad basically because of the phenomenon you point out: Younger wisky fans have lived in the greatest era of their schools' history.
The only question is whether the new fans built over the past decades get angry or simply lose interest and fade away into their miller lite, which is what sconnie fans used to do when their teams sucked.
You seem to be doing a good Badger fan impression with this post...

Top Bottom