Josh Taueafa really gets screwed in all this...

sonnygarcia

Reaction score
Now he has to burn his redshirt for 3 meaningless games? BS. Horton is a huge dip-sh!t, if I was Josh Taueafa I would refuse to burn it.

Have we done this to any other frosh with our recent string of injuries and random suspensions.

Should have waited to fire Brew if this is how Maturi was going to let the team be run.

Now he has to burn his redshirt for 3 meaningless games? BS. Horton is a huge dip-sh!t, if I was Josh Taueafa I would refuse to burn it.

Have we done this to any other frosh with our recent string of injuries and random suspensions.

Should have waited to fire Brew if this is how Maturi was going to let the team be run.

Sorry, but everyone associated with Gopher FB got screwed the day they let that SOB walk in the door in January of 2007. However, the writing was all over the wall when JT comitted, so don't blame Horton for JT and his parents' lack of due diligence!

Well Horton was an idiot at Nevada so I'm not too surprised...

I get the feeling like it's not forced, no way horton does that.
PURE speculation, Taueafa was the freshman that immediately asked for transfer papers after Brewster was let go, maybe he knows he's transferring and can redshirt next year during his transfer year. His brother plays at UTEP.
I just can't see Horton doing that to a player without the player's consent.

I get the feeling like it's not forced, no way horton does that.
PURE speculation, Taueafa was the freshman that immediately asked for transfer papers after Brewster was let go, maybe he knows he's transferring and can redshirt next year during his transfer year. His brother plays at UTEP.
I just can't see Horton doing that to a player without the player's consent.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's stupid to just go off on the coaches when we don't have any of the facts.

No true freshman football player in the country is going to say... "No, coach.... please don't start me me! No! I don't wanna waste my redshirt starting in only 3 Big Ten games! No!" More cluelessness all around.

Sonny --- Take a deep breath and think about what you stated. Why go off on Horton about something like that? I don't follow your reasoning at all. He probably is excited about getting a chance to play.

Why?

Josh is a big boy. He can handle his future. Nobody is getting screwed here. He has a scholarship. He, I believe, is attending classes and is progressing toward graduation. The main point of these scholarships is to move toward graduation. The degree! The kid won't be playing in the NFL. He better be working toward his B.A. or B.S..

No true freshman football player in the country is going to say... "No, coach.... please don't start me me! No! I don't wanna waste my redshirt starting in only 3 Big Ten games! No!" More cluelessness all around.

Really?!?!?! You're statement shows you have never been close to being an athlete in your life. There are actually a lot of kids who insist on being red-shirted so they can get stronger and improve and have an impact 5th year. Most FB players are going to be in school an extra semester (at minimum) due to the time that FB consumes so why not be playing FB during that fifth year and get to be an impact 5th yr Sr. Instead said player will have played in 3 MEANINGLESS games. So you're telling me you would rather play in these 3 MEANINGLESS games as an underdeveloped FR rather than play an entire season, making an impact, in your 5th yr?

More cluelessness.......

Josh is a big boy. He can handle his future. Nobody is getting screwed here. He has a scholarship. He, I believe, is attending classes and is progressing toward graduation. The main point of these scholarships is to move toward graduation. The degree! The kid won't be playing in the NFL. He better be working toward his B.A. or B.S..

I agree with what you are saying, however it is to bad he is going to play in three garabage games and loose the redshirt. I do believe a player can refuse to give up his redshirt, of course if the coach will be back next year I don't think it would be a good idea but in this case everyone of them will be gone.

After seeing how our Backup QB's get treated in Garbage Time is anybody else really surprised at this?

I am very angry and demand those responsible be relieved of their duties at the end of the season!!

A lot of players don't want to redshirt, and have to be talked into it. There are a lot of players that coaches would love to redshirt, but they wouldn't be able to sign them if they did. It could be that this player was going to transfer, and that playing him placated him enough to convince him to stay, in which case it is a good decision.

Furthermore I am going to need a playing resume from each poster before discussing this issue with them.

"random suspensions."...? You think he's pulling names out of a hat? lol. No, there's an attitude problem on this team (that happenes when you're losing). Horton didn't force Taueafa to burn his redshirt, team Captain Brandon Kirksey did. Personally, I suspect (hear) Brew let the inmates run the asylum & get away with bad attitudes & Horton's not going to put up with the crap on his watch. Good for him!

"random suspensions."...? You think he's pulling names out of a hat? lol. No, there's an attitude problem on this team (that happenes when you're losing). Horton didn't force Taueafa to burn his redshirt, team Captain Brandon Kirksey did. Personally, I suspect (hear) Brew let the inmates run the asylum & get away with bad attitudes & Horton's not going to put up with the crap on his watch. Good for him!
Captain Kirksey had no business getting frustrated after another humiliating loss. How dare he!

Tauefa was one of the young players Horton mentioned last week along with the redshirt freshmen oline players when a caller asked him if there was any talent in the program. He specifically said Tauefa would be a good player, and the o-linemen being redshirted being the future core of the team.
More than any other sport, football players are generally team guys, especially linemen. Look at Gray, best athlete, and one of the best people on the team- a really nice kid-took one for the team all year and never complained.
That is one thing football has over basketball, the kids are more about team.

I am sure waiting until next year to get is a long time to wait. i would bet he can't wait to get in a game.

Tauefa was one of the young players Horton mentioned last week along with the redshirt freshmen oline players when a caller asked him if there was any talent in the program. He specifically said Tauefa would be a good player, and the o-linemen being redshirted being the future core of the team.

If this is true and he isn't transferring, then I hope we aren't saying the same thing about him as a junior that we are saying about Tinsley and McKnight right now!

If this is true and he isn't transferring, then I hope we aren't saying the same thing about him as a junior that we are saying about Tinsley and McKnight right now!

We will be imo.

Top Bottom