Josh Helmholdt: “The way Minnesota handled this 2021 class is a little bit controversial"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Josh Helmholdt said Minnesota was putting a “high-pressure sales pitch” on some recruits.

“The way Minnesota handled this 2021 class is a little bit controversial,” Helmholdt said. “There was a lot of pressure put on kids in the spring to make commitments, and they got the bulk of their commitments in this class in April and May. … Some of those guys stepped away from those commitments, but most of them stuck, and in retrospect the results justified the means."

Go Gophers!!

On paper it's a fantastic class, many highly rated recruits (I think most 4 stars ever). If they keep them all I say great job.

Oh, and who is saying the negative stuff? Iowa again with the Ferentz kid running his mouth again about the Gophers? Seriously dude, what's your deal. You coach a very good team...focus on that!

That's pretty good foresight to pressure early knowing visits may never come.

Also, important to have a good 2021 class because the 2022 classes might be very small with 6th year seniors hanging around.

If it's the same thing as previous years where the team tells recruits they need to decide by x date or they might not have a spot on the team, I don't see the issue with that. How many jobs let you take months to decide whether or not to take an offer?

That's not unusual....

Lots of teams push to solidify their recruiting class by summer....

Top Bottom