Jordan Murphy Committed To The Golden Gophers!!!!

This gives us 3 players in the rivals top150. When was the last time we did that?(please don't answer that)

You don't want to know Doc. It hurts. Almost as bad as a needle stuck in your eye four times.
Doc probably has a few proctology stories that were painful. "I don't know how it got up there! Million to one shot, Doc!"

Nice to see us win a recruiting battle when a player has a list like that. This is the most exciting freshmen class since 2009. I feel pretty comfortable saying that this one will be more impactful though.

Gopherlady with the scoop! Very nice. She very likely knows more than you know unless you are on the Goph BB staff. Those that try to marginalize her either don't know her or have another agenda.

"They had some things set in place,” Murphy said of Minnesota’s program. “Under Coach Pitino’s coaching and all that stuff, we could really be a good team down the road. I really believe that.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/hssports/2015/05/brennans-jordan-murphy-commits-to-minnesota/

Some great quotes on that link:

“Honestly, the coaching staff was beyond amazing,” Murphy said. “They really welcomed me. They made me feel like I was already a part of the team. It was great. They made me feel comfortable.”

Murphy originally signed with VCU but was released from the letter of intent after coach Shaka Smart left to take the same position at Texas. The Brennan senior took an official visit to BostonCollege before his trip to Minnesota.

During that trip, Murphy’s mother, Celia, was smiling from ear-to-ear and nodding her head yes, according to her son.

“She wouldn’t stop talking about it for two days straight,” Murphy said. “It was weird. I’ve never seen her this excited. For them to make this big of an impression on her both academically and sports-wise, it’s beyond great.”

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus:

Murphy said the potential to make an immediate impact and compete for playing time factored in his decision.

"But I just want to be part of the team and make them better," he said. "I really put in hard work in the weight room. I really feel like my physical presence right now could help next year. But as it improves over time, I think I can actually be a factor."

Rivals.com recruiting analyst Eric Bossi said Murphy's natural position is power forward, comparing him to undersized Big Ten players that thrived such as Michigan State's Branden Dawson and Indiana's Troy Williams.

"He's a pretty good late pickup and a good overall player," Bossi said. "Rebounds very well, solid athlete and has some versatility. He's probably more of a combo forward."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...ketball-coach-richard-pitino-lands-three-star

Go Gophers!!

Wow. What a roster makeover. Release the hounds! Let's run. Should be a lot if interchangeable parts for coach to play with.

Really excited to see these players run under Pitino's system. Should be fun to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good day for Gopher fans and a great Spring. Getting Lynch, Gilbert and Murphy to add size to an already solid class is pretty impressive. I am excited about the future with Pitino and his young squad. I hope they are all coming here for the summer and working together.

Nice Job Richard and Ben as well.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This gives us 3 players in the rivals top150. When was the last time we did that?(please don't answer that)

08? Joseph/Sampson both top 100 4 stars. I think Iverson was top 150 as well. Either way, this is an awesome class, very well balanced.

There are few players I've been this thrilled to get. Murphy is an awesome fit. This class turned out really really well.

Fills a critical immediate need at power forward. Fits into Pitino's preferred style of play. Hopefully, he makes an immediate impact on the floor. If we have any chance of succeeding next year, he will need to be an excellent rebounder right out of the box. Not the highest rated recruit ever, but given time and needs of the squad, might be the most important recruit in a long time.

Side note. I'm glad his parents loved the place. That says a lot about what the staff is trying to do.

Add my thanks to Nadine for staying close to the situation and sharing when it is a scoop and not just a rumor. Well worth our modest donations to run the site!

Royce, Rodney and Trevor maybe?

I Think trevor didn't count as the top150 is based on HS players. But I'd agree that that 09 class was better than the 08 class mentioned by HeHateMe

Three top 150 on rivals and four top 150 on ESPN

Thanks for posting. It's pretty clear we got quality here, both as a player and person, and that gets me fired up for the 2015 class (and beyond).

With so many freshmen, I think it will be wise for all of us to hold from having too many expectations for the upcoming season. But if we can keep this group for all 4 years? DAMN.

I hope they are all coming here for the summer and working together.

Plus aren't they going to Spain at the end of August? Talk about incredible timing with all the newcomers.

Huge way to finish the class, Awesome!

With so many freshmen, I think it will be wise for all of us to hold from having too many expectations for the upcoming season. But if we can keep this group for all 4 years? DAMN.

Pitino has options and numbers. There can be some competition. They call all grow together. It'll be fun to see it all come together. Hurt will be a nice addition next year. Coffey would be spectacular.

There will likely be some growing pains but we are going to continue to improve. Pitino said on the radio a week or so ago that we were going somewhere as a team this summer ... likely Europe. That'll help immensely and give guys the incentive to be here this summer.

Top Bottom