Jordair Jett -- St. Bernard's

Hates Monikers

Reaction score
I don't remember his name being brought up here. Odd, considering the interest he is apparently generating. Charley Walters had this item today (sorry if this has been posted and I missed it):

"The hottest basketball ticket in town tonight is for the game between undefeated Hopkins and its starting five Division I lineup, including Gophers-bound Royce White, and undefeated host St. Bernard's at 7:30 p.m. St. Bernard's is led by Jordair Jett, who could be headed to prep school next year but has been offered a basketball tender by Baylor and is getting interest from Penn State, Iowa State, Marquette, Saint Louis and Memphis. Capacity seating at St. Bernard's is 1,200."

Minnesota watched and evaluated him last year and determined he wasn't good enough.

Minnesota watched and evaluated him last year and determined he wasn't good enough.

I've been watching Jett for awhile now, and have to agree that he's not hi D1 material. (Not that anybody thinks my evaluation skills are worth paying for.) But regardless, it's really fun to watch him play--he makes stuff happen.

What is tubby thinking Jett is a beast.

got to love random posters with no posts who bump a thread that had been buried for over 11 months.......yep..no motive there

Jordair Jett heads back to the Midwest... gave a verbal to Rick Majerus and St. Louis yesterday. Congrats to the young man.

BTW, Jett's Notre Dame Prep team lost in the first round of the National Prep School Championship that was won by Brewster... earlier in the season, ND Prep and Brewster locked up in a great game - pretty good video highlights from that game are in the link below... #11 in white is Jordair.. #12 for Brewster is unmistakably Minnesota's Mo Walker. This is a Brewster fan's video so despite it being a very close game, the highlights make it look like a one-sided affair. #5 Will Barton... kid can play. Check out Walker dishing back to a cutting Barton at ~4:10 of the vid.

Brewster beats ND Prep - 11/2009

GW

Jordair Jett heads back to the Midwest... gave a verbal to Rick Majerus and St. Louis yesterday. Congrats to the young man.

BTW, Jett's Notre Dame Prep team lost in the first round of the National Prep School Championship that was won by Brewster... earlier in the season, ND Prep and Brewster locked up in a great game - pretty good video highlights from that game are in the link below... #11 in white is Jordair.. #12 for Brewster is unmistakably Minnesota's Mo Walker. This is a Brewster fan's video so despite it being a very close game, the highlights make it look like a one-sided affair. #5 Will Barton... kid can play. Check out Walker dishing back to a cutting Barton at ~4:10 of the vid.

Mo reminds me of Cookie Holmes. That is not a bad thing. The Barton kid has some hop. Six foot six and 170 pounds and heading to Memphis.

You are right, from the clips I thought Brewster must be up by 20!

:)

Jordair Jett has a espn scouts grade of 90 & is a strong 6'-2" 200lbs. He has improved his game greatly from when Tubby and staff evaluated him 1 1/2 years ago. Jett passes extremely well and plays above the rim. He will be a better D1 player then Justin Cobbs.

The other #11 outshined Jordair pretty badly in that vid.

GophersNow

if Gophs are still looking for PG soon (no CJ), then why not former local star Jordair Jett? He recently told me he would want to stay home.
32 minutes ago via web

But, http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/1347/Jetting-to-A10.php

Jetting to A-10

April 16th, 2010
New England Recruiting Report

Notre Dame point guard will play his college basketball in the Atlantic 10 Conference.

Notre Dame head coach Ryan Hurd has been singing the praises of his point guard Jordair Jett all year long.

It seems that St. Louis head coach Rick Majerus agrees, as Jett made a verbal commitment to Majerus today while taking a visit to the school.

Jett is a Minnesota native who made no secret of his desire to return to the midwest this season. He is an undeniable talent who should thrive under Majerus' tutelege.

A stocky point guard with great size, strength, and instincts for the game, Jett was one of Notre Dame's most consistent players this season as well as someone who still has his best basketball still in front of him as he learnes the nuances of running a team.

He saw recruitment from places like Marquette, Baylor, and TCU before deciding on St. Louis.

Count me among those....

who really like Jett. He's just a baller. VERY strong. If he had a better jumper and test score everyone would have been after him a year ago. Would have been an excellent pick up if Cory goes elswhere.

Could he even get in at the U? That was probably the bigger question - not necessarily his game.

Why do you think I said "in that vid"? I didn't say he outshined him in that game or that he is a better player.

Your drawing that conclusion from a YouTube video the only show the opposing teams offensive highlights in a close overtime game?

Top Bottom