Jonnny Tauer, next U Coach if 2-14 B10 Season??

I can almost promise we won't finish 2 and 14 this season.
But, I'm also not convinced if we only win 2.3,4,5, or 6 games the coach will be replaced.
Too many signs he has another year in his pocket.

Bail right before the program you built gets an arena and experiences Big East glory? I don't see it. Although I'm sure some posters here cream themselves at the thought.

everybody has a price. If a mid-major or a major D1 program threw enough money at him, I think Tauer would at least consider it.

But I don't know if he would take it. Not every coach is chasing money or 'the next bigger job.' some coaches find a level they - and their family - are comfortable at, and they stay there. There is something to be said for security and comfort. If you have enough money to live on, and you like what you do, keep doing it.

Besides, if the Gophers do wind up changing coaches, I would say there is a 99% chance the next coach is someone with quite a bit of D1 experience. after hiring two inexperienced coaches in a row, I just don't see MN taking a chance on a coach who only has a couple years at D1 after spending most of their career at D3.

I can almost promise we won't finish 2 and 14 this season.
But, I'm also not convinced if we only win 2.3,4,5, or 6 games the coach will be replaced.
Too many signs he has another year in his pocket.
I think you are correct. The athletic department believes he is doing this the right way. They might be right. My view of the program has started to change. I think that we are going to be very strong over the next few years if we can get enough NIL money to keep the guys together.

These kids have great character and I have a feeling that Asuma is going to be the leader they need in the years ahead.

Well Tauer wouldn’t even need to move his family, heck he could keep his same address. Talk about one of the easiest (logistical) job transfers of all time.

When we hired Ben was Tauer considered? How come the U isn’t able to make bball decisions at a d2 level.

You may want to read this article.

I am certain it is true. It needs to get tamed down but I don't think NIL is going anywhere. The horse has left the barn. So I like the idea of trying to build a stable team and support the roster with competitive NIL money. I hope it works, as it certainly is against the current grain.

Hell, let’s go all out and get the Minnetonka head coach…

Give me a fckg break!

He goes 19-14 playing a schedule that is like our pre-season lineup and you want to pay him millions to coach the Gophers?????

I am certain it is true. It needs to get tamed down but I don't think NIL is going anywhere. The horse has left the barn. So I like the idea of trying to build a stable team and support the roster with competitive NIL money. I hope it works, as it certainly is against the current grain.
A point I was trying to make is, even the best programs can't keep their teams together any longer with what's going on in college BB

A point I was trying to make is, even the best programs can't keep their teams together any longer with what's going on in college BB
You are correct. We are going to have to have the right combination of NIL and culture/relationships to keep our core. I hate this era of college buckets. So far Ben has had bad results but the kids he is bringing in have solid ability and character that I hope we can grow with. If we can be close on NIL and the players love the culture- we have a better shot.

He’s one of us. Not a consideration in hiring a coach . I wouldn’t consider him a serious candidate at this point if we were hiring.

Hell, let’s go all out and get the Minnetonka head coach…

Give me a fckg break!

He goes 19-14 playing a schedule that is like our pre-season lineup and you want to pay him millions to coach the Gophers?????
Too be fair much better than our preseason schedule (which is historically bad) and heck, at least he has a resume of winning basketball as a head coach...at any level.

So…we’ve done it before with actually someone who had a much worse resume as a head coach.

Bail right before the program you built gets an arena and experiences Big East glory? I don't see it. Although I'm sure some posters here cream themselves at the thought.
Why would cream ourselves over it? I thought we were all secretly UST fans? Wouldn't this devastate us? Our secret rival will can a historically bad coach and take our coach.

I know this was just another failed attempt at being clever, but another swing and a miss.

Why would cream ourselves over it? I thought we were all secretly UST fans? Wouldn't this devastate us? Our secret rival will can a historically bad coach and take our coach.

I know this was just another failed attempt at being clever, but another swing and a miss.
Wasn't talking about you Rob and associating me with things I've never said, like "everyone is secretly UST fans", is super douchey. If you don't like my posts you can ignore me.

Wasn't talking about you Rob and associating me with things I've never said, like "everyone is secretly UST fans", is super douchey. If you don't like my posts you can ignore me.
Says the guy talking about grown men "creaming themselves".

I'm not seeking out your posts to respond, I opened the thread and you so-happened to make a bizarre post that didn't make sense.

People on this board are really touchy about UST basketball. They get annoyed when people discuss UST any different than they would Oral Roberts despite the fact that UST is 10 minutes from campus.

Most of the posters who think a bunch of grown men would ejaculate over hiring Tauer also believe that there is a contingent of UST loyalists hiding out on this board. If I made that "douchey" assumption, mea culpa. I didn't realize there was another group of people who thought people on this board worshipped UST basketball.

Says the guy talking about grown men "creaming themselves".

I'm not seeking out your posts to respond, I opened the thread and you so-happened to make a bizarre post that didn't make sense.

People on this board are really touchy about UST basketball. They get annoyed when people discuss UST any different than they would Oral Roberts despite the fact that UST is 10 minutes from campus.

Most of the posters who think a bunch of grown men would ejaculate over hiring Tauer also believe that there is a contingent of UST loyalists hiding out on this board. If I made that "douchey" assumption, mea culpa. I didn't realize there was another group of people who thought people on this board worshipped UST basketball.
Name two.

Name two.
I found four in two minutes, including you. LOL. You're going to have to start doing your own research from hear on out.

(1) Rockraven - we only have to count him once.
(2) PhillyGopher
1690832813212.png

(3) JohnnieBoy (notice it is also liked by three people)
1690832841523.png

(4) Here is another post by you that sort of implies we are UST fans, you also bring up men ejaculating again.
1690833061435.png

I found four in two minutes, including you. LOL. You're going to have to start doing your own research from hear on out.

(2) PhillyGopher
View attachment 26209

View attachment 26210

(4) Here is another post by you that sort of implies we are UST fans, you also bring up men ejaculating again.
View attachment 26211
1.) Rockraven is crazy.
2.) Who is Philly Gopher responding to? (Probably wetblanket guy, big UST guy)
3.) RolandBrooks is a self-proclaimed UST superfan.
4.) My post implies nothing other than I assumed such a great program would have a message board.
Nobody that isn't crazy has said anything about "UST loyalists hiding out." Just the two or three "creamers" I was referencing earlier.

(2) PhillyGopher
View attachment 26209

View attachment 26210

View attachment 26211
Is the guy not a UST superfan?

Would anyone argue about bringing in a more accomplished coach then the one we fired? The biggest issue with Ben was that he was somehow less accomplished than Pitino, and no one expected them to go in that direction. Tauer would be a long shot to get this job, but he has won plenty of college basketball games as a head coach.

(2) PhillyGopher
View attachment 26209

View attachment 26210

View attachment 26211
Where is the copy of my post? If you had credibility you would have lost it there. Go on hating the Gophers. Had you gone to school there you might be a bit more loyal.

Top Bottom