Jonathan Ragoo talks about Gopher visit, says its down to Florida and Minn

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this update from SuperPrep.com:

Jonathan Ragoo is a talented offensive line prospect from Miami's Pace High and Scout caught up with him to discuss the latest on the recruiting front.

Jonathan Ragoo took his first official visit of the year this weekend and he talked about it.

"I just got back from Minnesota," Ragoo said. "I enjoyed myself a lot. I watched the game with some other recruits and got to hang out with the coaches. I had a great time. My favorite part was the game atmosphere, seeing how loud the fans can be with only 60,000 people. I like Coach Davis."

Ragoo, 6-foot-7 and 360 pounds, didn't see many familiar faces on the visit but he did on the team.

"I was the only Florida kid on the visit. There were three from Texas, one from Colorado, and one from Ohio. But my host was Victor Keise, who is from down here."

The next visit on his schedule is unclear at this point in the process.

"I'm thinking about doing something with Purdue but as of now I got nothing set."

Ragoo said things have narrowed down a lot on the recruiting front.

"It's pretty much Florida and Minnesota still calling me," he said. "It's kinda narrowed down to those two. Minnesota offered me over the summer. Purdue's waiting to see more film. Florida, they're waiting to see my film. They're waiting on my last game that I played and they'll get back to me. Coach Bedford and I talk a lot. He keeps in touch with me."

The talented big man talked about his senior season so far.

"Our season so far, we're 1-1. We lost to Miramar but followed up with a win over North Miami Beach. I feel like I'm doing the best I can with my broken hand. We got Coral Shores this week."

Inside the classroom Ragoo claims a 3.8 GPA and an 1180 SAT score.

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=901180

Go Gophers!!

Quite the copyright infringment campaign there Lit! 3 stories in seconds. Nice. ;)

Per ESPN...

Two stars

While he may only be rated a 2-star now (not sure where that info came from, but I didn't look too hard), here's what ESPN has to say about him:

Scouts Grade: 75

"This guy is as big as the bus he came to the game in. He has very impressive size and has the build of an NFL lineman. Destroys the opponent when he fires out and works his hands but needs to play with a lot more intensity. Stands around and watches too much but when he exerts himself he is very effective. Has better than average feet for a big man and can zone block and control the edges. Possesses long arms that are valuable weapons in pass protection. Does a solid job of deep setting from a three point stance but can be outstanding if he would work from a two point. Stalemates the pass rusher and flashes the ability to run a speed rusher deep past the pocket but must be careful to not cross his feet. Ragoo is one of those guys that can make major improvement as he becomes more agile and hones up on the fundamentals of offensive line play. He is still a raw talent with a tremendous amount of upside. Ragoo is one of those players that could end up playing on Sunday afternoon if he matures."

While he may only be rated a 2-star now (not sure where that info came from, but I didn't look too hard), here's what ESPN has to say about him:

Scouts Grade: 75

"This guy is as big as the bus he came to the game in. He has very impressive size and has the build of an NFL lineman. Destroys the opponent when he fires out and works his hands but needs to play with a lot more intensity. Stands around and watches too much but when he exerts himself he is very effective. Has better than average feet for a big man and can zone block and control the edges. Possesses long arms that are valuable weapons in pass protection. Does a solid job of deep setting from a three point stance but can be outstanding if he would work from a two point. Stalemates the pass rusher and flashes the ability to run a speed rusher deep past the pocket but must be careful to not cross his feet. Ragoo is one of those guys that can make major improvement as he becomes more agile and hones up on the fundamentals of offensive line play. He is still a raw talent with a tremendous amount of upside. Ragoo is one of those players that could end up playing on Sunday afternoon if he matures."

75 is three stars.

haha golfinggopher! if you know im from ashby than you gotta be from dalton!

P.S. How have you been? We should get together for a drink sometime

If he's being truthful than you can pencil him in as a commit, Florida isn't going to offer.

That is one big dude.

Just a quick comment, before people start questioning why, Purdue and Florida haven't offered yet, Miami did offer. Give Brewster and his staff credit, they were on Ragoo early, before he got noticed on the national scene. The kid appears to want to go away for school yet the only non area school to offer is MN.

Top Bottom