Jon Gruden

Gruden

LOL Well, let's just go back to #1...he ain't coming

But my thoughts are if he did for some inexplicable reason, actually come to coach the Gophers it would be for the challenge because no NFL job he wanted appeared available. Or as some undiscovered personal favor to somebody for some unknown reason. In either case, two seasons max. He'd either have us over the top in year two or the calling of the NFL would just be too strong. You don't have his personality, win a Super Bowl, win 5 division titles, feel like you got unfairly axed and not burn to return for the NFL challenge to prove your worth to everybody all over again to chase another Super Bowl.

I had an interesting conversation with a booster last night... according to him they really want Gruden and are pushing hard for him. Of course, as it seems on these boards, a lot of others have heard different things as well...

From an enthusiasm and in-game x's and o's standpoint I like it but let's remember that Gruden has always hated inexperience QB's and I don't see how he could possibly be patient in developing college Qb's.

bingo. the guy would never, ever, ever do it. you'd might as well wish for dungy because he at least went to MN. gruden is a pro coach, period.

I had an interesting conversation with a booster last night... according to him they really want Gruden and are pushing hard for him. Of course, as it seems on these boards, a lot of others have heard different things as well...

i remember maturi saying they couldnt pay iowa coach numbers. maybe remind the booster of that. gruden would cost more than that.

There would be a better chance Gruden being hired for Vikings than Gophers

Best first post in the history of first posts! :clap:

Gruden would be an excellent hire. I can totally see him taking the job and reversing course on one of the most disappointing seasons in history here.

OH WAIT! Sorry! I thought I was on a Dallas Cowboys message board. My fault.

Seriously - he isn't coming here. If you think he's coming here, you must also think that he will ride a unicorn and not a chartered jet on his way to Minneapolis, because that type of story is pure fiction fairy tale.

Gruden would be an excellent hire. I can totally see him taking the job and reversing course on one of the most disappointing seasons in history here.

OH WAIT! Sorry! I thought I was on a Dallas Cowboys message board. My fault.

Seriously - he isn't coming here. If you think he's coming here, you must also think that he will ride a unicorn and not a chartered jet on his way to Minneapolis, because that type of story is pure fiction fairy tale.

Haterrade!

Top Bottom