JohnnyGopher - White

So you think RW was smart by dropping out ONE WEEK before his case was resolved? Or was that Tubby's fault too?

I think UMPD would have stretched the case out even longer had he not withdrawn. I have no factual basis for that, other than realizing it is a pretty big coincidence that his case was settled right after he dropped out.

All of you royce haters will shut your traps as soon as he's back and leading us in scoring.

phan

All of you royce haters will shut your traps as soon as he's back and leading us in scoring.

You conflate those who state the facts, he quit school, he has no scholarship, he is not enrolled, with not liking the young man.

I personally wish him well.

IMHO those that constantly run this "Mr. White flag" up the flag pole are beginning to seem either delusional or they are trolls trying to pick another worthless pie fight.

Time to move on.

That's quite true. None. Face it, dude, RW screwed the pooch. Again.

I'm just saying that his case went on longer than any other dorm theft I've ever heard about. You can't tell me his status as a Basketball player didn't effect how his case was handled.

An investigation of that kind should not drag on for months. After no new evidence has been gathered for a long period of time, it is time to resolve the case.

Royce has screwed the pooch many times, but I still believe UMPD screwed the pooch in this case.

royce haters

Good one. I've always been a fan of his, but he quit, his fate is in Tubby's hands. Didn't Royce even tell the media he was quitting before talking to his Coach? C'mon! You can't do that and expect a welcome back party.

Good one. I've always been a fan of his, but he quit, his fate is in Tubby's hands. Didn't Royce even tell the media he was quitting before talking to his Coach? C'mon! You can't do that and expect a welcome back party.

i get that, and i get that he quit and has no technical right to be taken back and its up to tubby, but im just saying to all the people that are hating him just because he got in a bit of obviously drubbed up beyond reason trouble.

You conflate those who state the facts, he quit school, he has no scholarship, he is not enrolled, with not liking the young man.

I personally wish him well.

IMHO those that constantly run this "Mr. White flag" up the flag pole are beginning to seem either delusional or they are trolls trying to pick another worthless pie fight.

Time to move on.

Maturi obviously wasn't allowing Royce back last year despite Tubby saying Royce would be suspended like 2-8 games. Royce didn't quit in any real sense, he just acknowledged the situation and was frustrated he had to deal with lame trespass charges.

Royce didn't quit in any real sense, he just acknowledged the situation and was frustrated he had to deal with lame trespass charges. Tubby made it seem that the suspension would likely be for 2-8 games during his press conference which gave Royce false hope and Maturi was afraid of controversy so he tied the suspension to the BS trespassing charges which of course, conveniently dragged on all season.

Royce didn't quit in any real sense.

I'd say leaving the team, asking for your scholarship to be released, and dropping out of school is real. Royce needs to recognize that this is real life. How about he stop "playing the game of manipulation?" That was clearly his purpose in quitting in the first place. He figured he was forcing Tubby's hand. Tubby didn't take the bait and now Royce is left begging to come back.

Royce needs to figure out if it is more important to hang with his posse and throw parties or is it more important to fully commit to basketball and stay out of trouble. Once he decides that, then Tubby likely can make the decision on whether to have him back.

Maturi obviously wasn't allowing Royce back last year despite Tubby saying Royce would be suspended like 2-8 games. Royce didn't quit in any real sense, he just acknowledged the situation and was frustrated he had to deal with lame trespass charges.

Tubby's very first public comments about Royce's suspension:

"It could be two games. It could be five or six, It could be more, It could be 20. It depends on what I want, what I decide.”

This was AFTER the shoplifting but BEFORE the trespass. Once Royce was hit with trespassing, this was Tubby's first public comments about it:

"He won’t be playing until he gets his life and these issues he’s dealing with taken care of."

What is so hard to understand here? Did Royce really think he would be playing after a 2 game suspension? Or, a 4-game suspension? The idiot cops dragged it out, no question, but Royce could have saved himself some of the trouble.

Royce just needs to man up-

As Shooter has in the paper this morning:

Royce White's grandfather and mentor, Frank White of St. Paul, continues to emphasize to Royce that he return to classes at the University of Minnesota and the Gophers basketball team he left this season after being suspended.

"I told him about a week ago, 'The best thing for you is to get your butt over there and talk to (coach Tubby Smith) and get back in school and play here,' " Frank said Wednesday. "I would love to be telling people I'm excited because Royce is back in school."

It's so typical of immaturity. You have a kid who thinks he has the world by the basketballs and yet it appears he's afraid to go and talk to Tubby by himself. At least to me anyway.

Did Royce really think he would be playing after a 2 game suspension? Or, a 4-game suspension? The idiot cops dragged it out, no question, but Royce could have saved himself some of the trouble.

If Royce truly believes Tubby would have only suspend him for two exhibition games after shoplifting and knocking around a security guard he is sadly mistaken.

Royce doesn't need to have people speak on his behalf, he needs to be a big-boy, get himself over to Williams and knock on Coach Smith's door. A coaches door is always open to his players, past, future and present.

GH: Is there anything else that you would like to clear up?
WB: My message here is that there’s interest in Royce from my conversations with the coaching staff. They want Royce to do some things and I think it’s about time to get things started, to get it started and see where we end up because Royce is definitely interested. I’m pretty sure that Tubby said the door is left open for Royce and that enough time has gone by that it’s time to get the process started.

Royce just needs to man up - It's so typical of immaturity. You have a kid who thinks he has the world by the basketballs and yet it appears he's afraid to go and talk to Tubby by himself.

Royce doesn't need to have people speak on his behalf, he needs to be a big-boy, get himself over to Williams and knock on Coach Smith's door. A coaches door is always open to his players, past, future and present.

Your both correct; Tubby is not going to reach out to Royce, it has to be the other way around.

Myron previewed the 2010-11 season today and had Royce White listed as part of his "best-case scenario" lineup, saying that if White returns to the team he would be part of a best-case scenario.

My question is, is this even plausible? Has White even offered the thought of returning to the Gophers? I thought the two sides were at complete opposite ends. Unless I've missed something, this doesn't seem like any scenario at all.

Hey Zip... Why don't you brush up on your reading.

Myron is picking Colt as a starter next season? I like the line-up though, three point threats everywhere + strong-physical rebounder's...

2010-11 Best-Case Scenario (The Gophers get every recruit on their wish list, Mbakwe is found not guilty of felony assault in Miami, White rejoins the program, Al Nolen gets back on track academically.)

Projected Starters

PG Cory Joseph

SG Devoe Joseph

G/F Blake Hoffarber

PF Trevor Mbakwe

C Colton Iverson

Top Reserves

PF Maurice Walker

F Royce White

PG Al Nolen

SF Rodney Williams

C Ralph Sampson III

SG Austin Hollins

Redshirt

C Elliott Eliason

Unfortunately, I don't think he has any idea how to do that. It is something that should be so obvious to him, and he probably has no concept of what needs to be done.

Hey Zip... Why don't you brush up on your reading.

Myron is picking Colt as a starter next season? I like the line-up though, three point threats everywhere + strong-physical rebounder's...

2010-11 Best-Case Scenario (The Gophers get every recruit on their wish list, Mbakwe is found not guilty of felony assault in Miami, White rejoins the program, Al Nolen gets back on track academically.)

Projected Starters

PG Cory Joseph

SG Devoe Joseph

G/F Blake Hoffarber

PF Trevor Mbakwe

C Colton Iverson

Top Reserves

PF Maurice Walker

F Royce White

PG Al Nolen

SF Rodney Williams

C Ralph Sampson III

SG Austin Hollins

Redshirt

C Elliott Eliason

If Royce is here, my bet is that he's in the starting lineup for all or most of the year. I also think Ralph is a starter.

Top Bottom