JohnnyGopher - White

Wandering

Why can't the backup plan be some combination of Devoe Joseph/Cobbs/Nolen/Allen ?

That can be and is the ultimate backup plan. I have to think Tubby and others would prefer to be in a position to have Devoe slide to the 2 spot.

trayvonn wright & harrison barnes were aau teammaters and good friends.
I know Royce White wont come to NDSU, but there's been rumors and there's friends (marcus williams) and more coming up to NDSU (jermaine, dj pederson has an offer and marvin singeltary will get an offer) you never know man.

just goto Royce's birthday party on april 10 and ask him, i will.

trayvonn wright & harrison barnes were aau teammaters and good friends.
I know Royce White wont come to NDSU, but there's been rumors and there's friends (marcus williams) and more coming up to NDSU (jermaine, dj pederson has an offer and marvin singeltary will get an offer) you never know man.

just goto Royce's birthday party on april 10 and ask him, i will.

1. It's D.J. Peterson, and he's a huge stretch to play in the Summit. He wouldn't be a big contributor in the NSIC. Yes, I now what offers he supposedly has. He just isn't that great - and athletically, he's average.

2. It's Marvin SINGLETON.

3. None of those things have any relevance to Royce White. If you think for a second that he would even consider spending any of his days in Fargo, you don't have the first clue about Royce White.

If you're going to namedrop and act like you're on the inside, at least get your irrelevant nothingness factually correct.

Lakes that team couldn't beat the Gophers..The only BT quality player in that line up in RW, and Trevor would demolish him.

This might be the most poorly constructed sentence I have read in a long time.

Why is the word "Lakes" at the beginning? Are you addressing someone? If so, a comma would be nice.

Why is there two periods in between sentences? Is this just a way to break up your thoughts? I've seen one period and three periods, but not two.

"...in that line up in RW..." Maybe you meant is. Why do you have the comma there to create a pause, but not at the beginning of the sentence?

Just kidding around. I don't know if I agree about the Trevor demolishing Royce though. However, I do agree that the Bison would NEVER beat the Gophers with that line-up.

1. It's D.J. Peterson, and he's a huge stretch to play in the Summit. He wouldn't be a big contributor in the NSIC. Yes, I now what offers he supposedly has. He just isn't that great - and athletically, he's average.

2. It's Marvin SINGLETON.

3. None of those things have any relevance to Royce White. If you think for a second that he would even consider spending any of his days in Fargo, you don't have the first clue about Royce White.

If you're going to namedrop and act like you're on the inside, at least get your irrelevant nothingness factually correct.

1. Maybe you "know" what offers he has (not "now"). Have you ever seen DJ Peterson play aside from on TV at the state tournament? Honestly, I don't know where you get this assumption that's he a Division II-type athlete. He would have scored a lot more this season if he was on any other team in the state. I've seen this kid in practice jump out of the gym (and in games for that matter). I'm not saying he could play at Baylor (where he has an offer), but let's be serious; he could play at NDSU and probably start as a junior.

This might be the most poorly constructed sentence I have read in a long time.

Why is the word "Lakes" at the beginning? Are you addressing someone? If so, a comma would be nice.

Why is there two periods in between sentences? Is this just a way to break up your thoughts? I've seen one period and three periods, but not two.

"...in that line up in RW..." Maybe you meant is. Why do you have the comma there to create a pause, but not at the beginning of the sentence?

Just kidding around. I don't know if I agree about the Trevor demolishing Royce though. However, I do agree that the Bison would NEVER beat the Gophers with that line-up.

Glad you finished up by saying you were kidding around. I mean, you know what they say about people in glass houses. Well, perhaps you don't, but fear not because this is a place where you can obtain assistance for nearly any problem, including poor grammar.

"Why is there two periods in between sentences? Is this just a way to break up your thoughts? I've seen one period and three periods, but not two."

There ARE two periods, not is. Omit the word "in" from the first quoted sentence. Omit the word "just" from the second quoted sentence. What "I've seen" proves nothing , only what is correct according to the appropriate style manual is important. Change "one period and three periods" to "one and three periods". Omit the word "but" from your last sentence.

Now I'm just kidding around. Have a nice weekend.

Basically what it comes down to is the Gophers are done waiting and worrying about Royce White and what he will do. They have moved on and are going about there business of recruiting under the assumption that he is not coming back.

Done waiting? LOL. I am sure they are eager to give a 5 star player's spot to a 2 star player.

Royce is vastly better than anyone else they could get. Royce's grandfather I believe visited with Tubby and Royce has always indicating wanting to play for the U. I think Maturi has let Royce hang out to dry this past year, but I think I Tubby wants Royce to play and assuming Royce wants to return (and I think he does) he'll be back. Tubby has more leverage now over Maturi and I have seen no indication that Royce has given up on the Gophers for next year. Odds are at least 50/50 Royce would be back, so there is no rush to give his spot to a 2 star or JUCO.

GF

Done waiting? LOL. I am sure they are eager to give a 5 star player's spot to a 2 star player.
Royce is vastly better than anyone else they could get. Royce's grandfather I believe visited with Tubby and Royce has always indicating wanting to play for the U. I think Maturi has let Royce hang out to dry this past year, but I think I Tubby wants Royce to play and assuming Royce wants to return (and I think he does) he'll be back. Tubby has more leverage now over Maturi and I have seen no indication that Royce has given up on the Gophers for next year. Odds are at least 50/50 Royce would be back, so there is no rush to give his spot to a 2 star or JUCO.

I would say even a 2 star player actually on the court might be of more help than a 5 star player always in court and never on the court.

The scholarship handed 5 star Mr. White last year proved to be of what value?

ZILTCH.

"I have seen no indication that Royce has given up on the Gophers for next year."

Perhaps you had not heard but Mr. White dropped out of the U, is no longer a student and no longer has a scholarship in hand.

What it all boils down to is the fact that none of us knows what the hell is going on nor what the hell to do. In the meantime, let's stop the arguing and pissing into the wind. Neither does any good, because it all comes back to haunt us.

I would say even a 2 star player actually on the court might be of more help than a 5 star player always in court and never on the court.

The scholarship handed 5 star Mr. White last year proved to be of what value?.

Signing Royce was much more valuable than a 2 star. A 2 star would have been WORSE THAN ZILCH. A 2 star ties up a scholly for 4 years that could be used for someone who could help. Signing Royce showed Gophers were able to sign a 5 star recruit, Royce delivered Rodney Williams to the Gophers and Royce would have played had Maturi not blocked him. While you apparently don't like Royce, face it, we need 5 star players to have any chance to be an elite program. Royce has the talent to give Gophers legit chance at Big Ten title. No 2 star or Juco on the Gophers radar has that kind of talent.

Getting Royce helped us get Trevor and Rodney, and it helped the gopher program because it showed we can get the top talent in the are with Tubby. FACT!!!!!!!

Royce White....

is not coming back.......unless it's to jam with Prince at Paisley Park!

Yes, let's see........

quit school,then throw yourself a birthday party at an adult nightclub when you're under age....I can see whaere Tubby might think Royce is coming around......it's really just a question of whether he wants to start or come off the bench....right?

After seeing that Facebook page, I am willing to bet there is ZERO chance he is on the Gophers roster next year.

Oh. My. God.

That dude's ego is bigger than the nitrous balloons at the Dead shows at Soldier Field in
'95. What a tool. I hope he crashes and burns.

That dude's ego is bigger than the nitrous balloons at the Dead shows at Soldier Field in
'95. What a tool. I hope he crashes and burns.

What dude? Not sure if you mean Royce, but he's got the right demeanor on the basketball court. He's no wallflower and that's a very good thing.

Signing Royce was much more valuable than a 2 star. A 2 star would have been WORSE THAN ZILCH. A 2 star ties up a scholly for 4 years that could be used for someone who could help. Signing Royce showed Gophers were able to sign a 5 star recruit, Royce delivered Rodney Williams to the Gophers and Royce would have played had Maturi not blocked him. While you apparently don't like Royce, face it, we need 5 star players to have any chance to be an elite program. Royce has the talent to give Gophers legit chance at Big Ten title. No 2 star or Juco on the Gophers radar has that kind of talent.
Actually, Royce was MUCH, MUCH worse than ZILCH!

1) Tied up a scholarship (only for one year ... thankfully).
2) Caused confusion, unrest, uncertainty among teammates, coaches and fans.
3) Gave the Gophers and Tubby a black-eye.
4) Probably cost the Gophers the services of Mbakwe for the year. (Yes, I firmly believe that without Royce's idiotic actions that Tubby/Joel would have allowed Trevor to play).

Royce now leaves the Gophers as one of the biggest dunderheads in program history. Comparing favorably only to Mr. Mitch Lee. Bye bye Royce, you will be remembered ... but for all the wrong reasons.

What dude? Not sure if you mean Royce, but he's got the right demeanor on the basketball court. He's no wallflower and that's a very good thing.

Yeah, I mean Royce. This is in reference to his little birthday bash. The dude craves attention. Does he still sleep with his binky? His actions are like a giant neon sign screaming "I'm insecure!!!!!"

That's fine, he wants to fu&% around instead of working hard to cash the lottery ticket he received in the form of athletic ability? That's his deal. Yes, he worked hard as hell to get to this point. Stopping now seems borderline insane.

But whatever. Throw yourself a birthday bash, move to LA and try to become a rapper. We'll see you in about 5 years in the "Where are they now" file.

Actually, Royce was MUCH, MUCH worse than ZILCH!

1) Tied up a scholarship (only for one year ... thankfully).
2) Caused confusion, unrest, uncertainty among teammates, coaches and fans.
3) Gave the Gophers and Tubby a black-eye.
4) Probably cost the Gophers the services of Mbakwe for the year. (Yes, I firmly believe that without Royce's idiotic actions that Tubby/Joel would have allowed Trevor to play).

Royce now leaves the Gophers as one of the biggest dunderheads in program history. Comparing favorably only to Mr. Mitch Lee. Bye bye Royce, you will be remembered ... but for all the wrong reasons.

That's your opinion and I think its a total ridiculous one. Now, you want us to believe that Royce caused Mbakwe to get in trouble in Miami. Are you that stupid? I guess so. If anything, Mbakwe helped keep Royce off the team since Maturi first ruled Mbakwe was ineligible with his legal problems, he was afraid of being viewed as being a hypocrite or showing favoritism by allowing Royce to play. My belief is that without the Mbakwe precedent, Royce would have been allowed back later in the year. Anyway, I assume you think 5 star recruits that want to play for the Gophers grow on trees.

That's your opinion and I think its a total ridiculous one. Now, you want us to believe that Royce caused Mbakwe to get in trouble in Miami. Are you that stupid? I guess so. If anything, Mbakwe helped keep Royce off the team since Maturi first ruled Mbakwe was ineligible with his legal problems, he was afraid of being viewed as being a hypocrite or showing favoritism by allowing Royce to play. My belief is that without the Mbakwe precedent, Royce would have been allowed back later in the year. Anyway, I assume you think 5 star recruits that want to play for the Gophers grow on trees.

Yeah that's the attitude if they're 5 star prima donna's who cares what they did they should play right? :rolleyes:

My belief is that without the Mbakwe precedent, Royce would have been allowed back later in the year.

He probably would have been allowed to play. But then he quit the team a week before his case was settled. His case being settled was THE LAST PREREQUISITE to him being allowed to play. But the fool quit. A week before it was settled. What a moron.

Yeah that's the attitude if they're 5 star prima donna's who cares what they did they should play right? :rolleyes:

If we had to field a team of players who never did anything wrong, we couldn't field a team. Maybe you should ask Maturi to end the basketball program, so you can sleep at night.

He probably would have been allowed to play. But then he quit the team a week before his case was settled. His case being settled was THE LAST PREREQUISITE to him being allowed to play. But the fool quit. A week before it was settled. What a moron.

Royce's quitting had no bearing on whether he played.

That is 100% false!

I believe the tipping point was Mr White's second run-in with the law at the dorm. AND this was after Mr White ALREADY was in trouble for the shoplifting charge. BOTH Mr White and Trevor would have played last year if MR White wasn't such a total stupid jerk. How can anyone with an once of brains, already being processed for one crime turn around and get in trouble yet again.

Mr White has only made his future more cloudy by dropping out of school. I guess being "cool" and hanging with his buddies at the Mall is more important than making progress toward an NBA career. Mr White may have messed up the Gophers for a season, but he has totally screwed himself over for the foreseeable future. Where will you be five years from now Mr White?

Royce in control (again):

It's amazing how much control Royce has over this basketball program.

Even after his withdrawal, the message board lights up. It's all about Royce.

That is 100% false!

I believe the tipping point was Mr White's second run-in with the law at the dorm. AND this was after Mr White ALREADY was in trouble for the shoplifting charge. BOTH Mr White and Trevor would have played last year if MR White wasn't such a total stupid jerk. How can anyone with an once of brains, already being processed for one crime turn around and get in trouble yet again.

Mr White has only made his future more cloudy by dropping out of school. I guess being "cool" and hanging with his buddies at the Mall is more important than making progress toward an NBA career. Mr White may have messed up the Gophers for a season, but he has totally screwed himself over for the foreseeable future. Where will you be five years from now Mr White?

Mbakwe's case is different in that he was charged with a felony and he hasn't resolved it. Royce was charged with misdemeanors and he resolved them. If you listened to Tubby's original press conference its sounded like Royce would get suspended for between 2-8 games. The dorm trespass thing was beyond lame. Besides Royce, how many players have been suspended for a season for walking thru a university dorm? Royce served his time for the shoplifting/disorderly conduct incident and then was hung out to dry for the lame trespass charges. Royce would never have dropped out if it weren't for these lame trespass charges being leveled against him. I think Royce has suffered enough for what he did and Tubby hopefully welcomes him back. The Gophers desperately need some talent now that DJ has departed.

Royce would never have dropped out if it weren't for these lame trespass charges being leveled against him.

So you think RW was smart by dropping out ONE WEEK before his case was resolved? Or was that Tubby's fault too?

Top Bottom