Johnny Manziel's classload consists of 4 online courses in sports management

He gets to be in class with the girl on tv who goes to school in her pajamas. Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

He gets to be in class with the girl on tv who goes to school in her pajamas. Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

I went to one of those classes with the girl who wore bottomless and topless pajamas. Now that was a sweet deal.

Just a note: Many of the online classes in the sport management major, as well as across campus, require one or more proctored, in-person examinations at the Student Computing Center or one of our other testing centers. Manziel, or any other student, would have to display their student ID and go through a verification and documentation process. It is doubtful that anyone would want to risk our season next year to falsify or circumvent this process.

While sport management is clearly not rocket science, the rigor is on par with the rest of the majors housed under the College of Education and Human Development. With a campus of 50,000 students and a finite amount of classroom space, distance education is an attractive option not only for the university, but also for a non-traditional student who may work full time or have other obligations. But, you already knew that.

For a learner who is self-directed enough to complete their studies without a professor hounding them (this should be all college students, but let's be honest), distance education can be a better use of a student's time. I know we've all slept or daydreamed through lectures and wasted countless hours in classrooms when we could have read the book, done some online research, watched a short video, participated in an online discussion, or learned the material some other way in half the time.

Top Bottom