Joel Klatt jumps on bandwagon for one B1G program to potentially run the table to Indy

nitramnaed

Reaction score

Joel Klatt jumps on bandwagon for one B1G program to potentially run the table to Indy​

Grant Bricker
https://www.facebook.com/dialog/sha...program-to-potentially-run-the-table-to-indy/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?ur...+program+to+potentially+run+the+table+to+Indy

Joel Klatt tweeted about a B1G school that he thinks can easily can into the B1G title game with how the rest of their schedule is. He thinks they could get to Indianapolis undefeated or with one loss.
Minnesota is the team that Klatt thinks will be representing the B1G West in Indy. The Golden Gophers are 4-0 after beating New Mexico State, Western Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan State. The rest of their B1G schedule stands in the way.
“Go look at the rest of Minnesota’s schedule,” said Klatt. “Tell me they can’t be in Indy at 12-0 or 11-1. That’s a good football team.”

With its remaining schedule, the toughest team that Minnesota might have left on the schedule could be Penn State (Oct. 22). The Nittany Lions continue to move up in the Top 25 after beating Central Michigan in Week 4. Illinois (Oct. 15) and Wisconsin (Nov. 26) won’t be pushovers either though.
Minnesota has 1 division title, and it was shared with Wisconsin in 2019. The last time that the Golden Gophers won the B1G was back in 1967.
P.J. Fleck faces Purdue next on Oct. 1.

Lots of hype. One game at a time for the team, this is where Fleck talks about managing the internal narrative. I like the hype for us fans.

For the team. It’s Purdue Championship Week and we are 0-0.

Lots of hype. One game at a time for the team, this is where Fleck talks about managing the internal narrative. I like the hype for us fans.

Yeah, it is fun watching the national narrative shift about the Gophers. Trust in the coaches to keep the guys focused but for us fans it is fun to think about what might be and what this team may be capable of doing this year.

Reasons to doubt us
Soft non-conf schedule - go on the road and blow out a Big Ten team
Can't throw the ball - 23/26 268 yards 3 TD against MSU

Gotta love it.

Gophers are the trendy pick to win the west, that is for sure.
It is a pretty easy pick

Minnesota - 4 straight blowouts, one on the road against MSU

Purdue - Lost to Syracuse, barely got past FAU, QB is hurting
Wisconsin - Lost to Washington State, blown out by Ohio State, QB is Mertz
Iowa - Offense is just flat out terrible
Illinois - Lost to Indiana, might be improving but aren't there yet
Northwestern - 0-3 in the non-conf season and didn't exactly play powerhouse teams
Nebraska - Lost to Northwestern, fired their coach, dumpster fire.

Things can/will change over the course of the season but as we sit here today it would be a pretty big disappointment not to win the West this year.

Joel Klatt jumps on bandwagon for one B1G program to potentially run the table to Indy​

Grant Bricker
https://www.facebook.com/dialog/sha...program-to-potentially-run-the-table-to-indy/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https://saturdaytradition.com/minnesota-football/joel-klatt-jumps-on-bandwagon-for-one-b1g-program-to-potentially-run-the-table-to-indy/&text=Joel+Klatt+jumps+on+bandwagon+for+one+B1G+program+to+potentially+run+the+table+to+Indy

Joel Klatt tweeted about a B1G school that he thinks can easily can into the B1G title game with how the rest of their schedule is. He thinks they could get to Indianapolis undefeated or with one loss.
Minnesota is the team that Klatt thinks will be representing the B1G West in Indy. The Golden Gophers are 4-0 after beating New Mexico State, Western Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan State. The rest of their B1G schedule stands in the way.
“Go look at the rest of Minnesota’s schedule,” said Klatt. “Tell me they can’t be in Indy at 12-0 or 11-1. That’s a good football team.”

With its remaining schedule, the toughest team that Minnesota might have left on the schedule could be Penn State (Oct. 22). The Nittany Lions continue to move up in the Top 25 after beating Central Michigan in Week 4. Illinois (Oct. 15) and Wisconsin (Nov. 26) won’t be pushovers either though.
Minnesota has 1 division title, and it was shared with Wisconsin in 2019. The last time that the Golden Gophers won the B1G was back in 1967.
P.J. Fleck faces Purdue next on Oct. 1.
I am cautiously optimistic.

It's the gray ghost that makes me nervous.

It's a week at a time for me too. I want to enjoy every moment and never look ahead. Season goes by too fast anyway to look ahead.

It’s the B1G. Come into the game 100% prepared and focused, or you are rolling dice. Every game.

Illinois should be a good test of this team. Glad to have a bye for them.
Yeah that game last year was painful. Our OC didn’t adapt to the Illinois defense but you could tell that Illinois was legit good alread at the LOS on both sides of the ball. Plus electric running back and receiver.

Yeah that game last year was painful. Our OC didn’t adapt to the Illinois defense but you could tell that Illinois was legit good alread at the LOS on both sides of the ball. Plus electric running back and receiver.
Pat Bryant had a bit of a coming out party and he pairs nicely with Williams. DeVito is the quintessential quarterback that Bret wants. If they get Josh McCray back they look like a team that'll make anyone in the west earn it

hopefully Klatt's take ages better than his counterpart at ESPN Kirk Herbstreit's preseason statement that Nebraska will win the B1G West.

hopefully Klatt's take ages better than his counterpart at ESPN Kirk Herbstreit's preseason statement that Nebraska will win the B1G West.
The difference is that Joel Klatt has always been extremely plugged into to the college football scene and knows his stuff better than almost anyone around. Definitely the informed voice you should be paying attention to rather than that Herbstreit hack that’s distracted by the NFL.

Top Bottom