Joe Mauer

Reaction score
As far as KFAN's terrible coverage of the Gophers.
This is also the station that has mocked and ripped Joe Mauer. Barreiro constantly ripped him for not driving in enough runs or hitting enough home runs. Even though he won two batting titles and plays great catcher. They mock people for supporting him, they say it's only becase he's "one of us". They sarcastically call him baby jesus because you aren't allowed to rip him.
If there were any other competition for the 18-35 sports minded male, KFAN would be run off the air.

Agreed. Got so tired of hearing Burrito rip Mauer, EVEN AFTER WINNING 2 BATTING TITLES IN 3 YEARS that I just turned him off. Life has been better since.

Why DON'T we have a real sports radio station in Minnesota? Seriously, you would think there'd be someone who could put some money into it and make a real go of actually talking about sports in a town that has 4 pro sports teams a D1 university in a major conference and numerous smaller colleges plus some good high school sports.

Yeah...

They "don't care" about sports...that is unless you care, then they rip. If people think Mauer is a great player then they rip. If you bleed maroon and gold, you are an idiot. If you think Joe Mauer is awesome, then you're an idiot. All fans must be as objective as a media reporter. Yawn.

I though Brew (or whoever) made a bad decision today but the way the fan handled it was equally as embarrassing.

I don't listen to the FAN often, but the last time I did, Barreiro said Mauer at-bats were appointment television for him. Doesn't sound like being a Mauer hater to me.

Man you guys have soft skin. KFAN doesn't give the Gophers coverage because the Vikings and Twins are more visible. They sell advertising because those fans listen to their show. Until the Gophers win they will not get coverage.

KFAN reflected what was common fan opinion at the time, that Mauer was a very good player but somehow not a great player because of a lack of DINGERS (which are stupidly overrated) and RBIs (which are heavily dependent on factors outside of his control). It has to do with the statistical illiteracy of most baseball fans and commentators that flows all the way up to ESPN.

They pimp the Vikings because the Vikings are on their station. It's really that simple.

I love it

When 660 WBHR tags say, "A Sports Station you can hear!" And they give you Mike and Mike, The Herd, Jim Rome, and Dan Patrick. Why would I ever listen to KFAN?

When 660 WBHR tags say, "A Sports Station you can hear!" And they give you Mike and Mike, The Herd, Jim Rome, and Dan Patrick. Why would I ever listen to KFAN?
To be honest I don't know why anyone listens to sports talk radio period. I can't handle KFAN but I also can't sit through more than a couple minutes of the Herd before hitting the dial. No thanks.

As far as KFAN's terrible coverage of the Gophers.
This is also the station that has mocked and ripped Joe Mauer. Barreiro constantly ripped him for not driving in enough runs or hitting enough home runs. Even though he won two batting titles and plays great catcher. They mock people for supporting him, they say it's only becase he's "one of us". They sarcastically call him baby jesus because you aren't allowed to rip him.
If there were any other competition for the 18-35 sports minded male, KFAN would be run off the air.

Barreiro is a Chicagoan, a fact he likes to mention frequently. He thinks we are dumb hayseeds and that our sports suck. I stopped listening a while ago.

Top Bottom