JMS, Ibrahim, Terell Smith and Howden invited to combine

More or less surprised than Howden?
Howden has been regarded as a really good safety, wasn't surprised to see him get an invite at all.
I know next to nothing about how good a year MJ Anderson had other than looking up his stats online. His on paper stats were nothing spectacular but clearly scouts or whoever felt he was good enough to warrant an invite.

He was one of the few that left after last year that I was sorry to see go.

It says 335 is the cap, for number of players they can invite in a year (doesn't always get up that high).

Of course, they invite guys every year from programs that aren't in the P5, but let's say that's the bulk of them. Say 280 per year from the P5, which is 65 schools (including Notre Dame).

That would be an average of 4.3 per P5 school. Would be interesting to know how many the P5 actually sent in total the last X years.
I counted 59 non P5 invites this year so 260 from P5 would mean an average of 4 per program.

I think Terell will slip into the 6th or 7th round.....

I highly doubt he’s not gone by end of 5th… he has height, size, speed, and tape this year and Senior Bowl all going for him… I think it’s more likely he gets picked day 2 than lasts until the 7th.
Similar to St. Juste in my book.

I think Terell will slip into the 6th or 7th round.....
If Smith blows up at the combine, I could see him going earlier than that. Consistency has always been the issue with him, but the physicality is there. A lot of teams are willing to gamble on projection and Smith has a pretty high ceiling if everything falls together for him.

Howden's case is a little different. He's been steadier and his production has been more consistent, but there may be some question as to how he'll test in terms of strength/speed. If he runs well, he's going to get drafted. The guy turned into a very steady presence over the years and there is value in that.

While MSM improved drastically throughout his college career, I do not think he is fast enough to make it in the league. Hope I'm wrong and he gets himself paid though!
He'll get invited to camp somewhere but my guess is won't make it further than that.

Tanner didn't get invited 😕 I honestly thought he would get a shot.
Disappointed, but not surprising. I've always been an O'Connell skeptic and wonder if he'd be as highly-regarded if he didn't play in a pass-happy offense. I'll be curious to compare O'Connell's combine workout with Morgan's pro day.

I somehow managed to watch Clayton Tune a few times this season and I'm surprised he's included.

As far as scouting goes, I think the general view is that Morgan "is what he is" physically. You look at a lot of the combine invites and a lot of it revolves around perceived athleticism. If Morgan gets to a pro camp as a UDFA, he'll have the opportunity to show his strengths and how he can fit. Steeper climb, but doable.

Top Bottom