JJ Guedet in the transfer portal

We have a 2024 recruiting class with about 6 more players than we have seniors leaving. Got to have that many transfer, before we can start taking portal players. I expect several more players to move on ...

We have a 2024 recruiting class with about 6 more players than we have seniors leaving. Got to have that many transfer, before we can start taking portal players. I expect several more players to move on ...
We got one more that needs to transfer to get to 85 scholarships. I expect 8-10 more to transfer so that we can try to address depth at certain positions.

Read "after talking to my coaches and finding myself down the depth chart, id like to try somewhere else".

Read "after talking to my coaches and finding myself down the depth chart, id like to try somewhere else".
His situation is exactly why I like the portal for some players. He came to MN, competed for PT and it just didn't work out. I'm glad he'll be able to play college football next year.

Agree … but this is exactly what Fleck talked about with depth leaving.

Its nice that Ersery and Carroll never got hurt this year.

I expect we’ll see close to 20 transfers based on the last two years.

It’s nice that our tackles never got hurt.

I wish some of the other position groups’ starters would get hurt so infrequently!

I’m guessing if he was worth playing he’d have more than 89 snaps in 5 years.

And...Gophers don't walk on two legs or wear jerseys. It's a mascot, lighten up Francis!
And the mascot for our pro soccer team is a loon. Loons can't even walk (literally) much less play soccer!

Last edited:

I never said he should have been a starter.

You incorrectly and falsely claimed he was not depth.

Anyone on the roster is depth. He wasn’t usable depth. That’s why he played roughly two snaps per game while he was rostered.

That’s like saying losing the walk on LB who played 2 snaps in 4 years hurts depth. It doesn’t. Plenty of guys to stand on the sidelines are available.

Anyone on the roster is depth. He wasn’t usable depth.
Silly to claim this when he never got a chance to prove it. You have no idea if true or not.

That’s like saying losing the walk on LB who played 2 snaps in 4 years hurts depth. It doesn’t.
Again you have no clue how much that did or did not hurt us this year — talking about an actual valid comparison, the scholarship LB we lost.

Fleck said it did. I’ll go with him

JJ was scholarship.

Silly to claim this when he never got a chance to prove it. You have no idea if true or not.

Again you have no clue how much that did or did not hurt us this year — talking about an actual valid comparison, the scholarship LB we lost.

Fleck said it did. I’ll go with him

JJ was scholarship.

lol. Ok. Sounds good.

Fleck says lots of stuff. If you want to agree with him on all of it—feel free. I disagree that JJ Geudet leaving hurts the depth. Because he can replaced easily by someone else who doesn’t play. It’s not like he sat behind all-Americans.

Top Bottom