Jimmy Gjere fully cleared

Saluki07

Reaction score
Per @DarrenWolfson: Just had a nice chat w/ #Gophers OC Matt Limegrover. RT Gjere & guard Campion (concussions) have full medical clearance.

This is good news for Gjere. I think it will be interesting to see how the staff brings him along. Glad he'll be able to play again..

Great news for both of them. Looking forward to watching these young guys develop this year.

That's great news. I hope we'll be able to redshirt all of the incoming OL now.

These two solve the right side of the offensive line. Olson & Olson on the left. The one thing no one covered or has covered was the work they did in the weight room, film room, and conditioning. That and nearly 8 months since they saw contact makes me think they will need to monitor them. More from their competitive nature, the pent up desire to lay a lick on someone, anyone. It great news!!!

This is great news for Jimmy! With both him and Josh in the fold, the offensive line is going to be just fine!!

Go Gophers!

Way to go. I just want these guys to be able to compete and fulfill their dreams of playing B10 ball. Depth and options on the line are one of my biggest concerns. We need depth, and especially older depth on the O-Line.

Great news. Now Sid will have to come up with brand new question for the next 26 weeks.

If Gjere and Campion can live up to their potential we are going to be absolutely stacked at Oline.

Limegrover is going to have lots of pieces to play around with in the running game. I'm excited to see what this program's offense looks like once the playbook is fully installed and the players have been in the system for several years.

A feature true "stud" runningback("cough"Jeff Jones "cough") is all we need to find, either in our program or on the recruiting trail, but this O has all the highly talented pieces up front to grind and plow it's way over opponents.

I also saw we are having a top FB/Hback from Louisiana camping later this month, on film he is a great blocker. The addition of "skill" guys who can really block will only make the running game more potent. I love the idea of rolling up to the LOS with a triple I and consistently just rolling over teams there, if we can get to that point we will see the wins roll in. Now let's do it.

Great news. Now Sid will have to come up with brand new question for the next 26 weeks.

DL65 has been doing a good job of keeping us updated with the sports huddle, but I too am sick of Sid asking the same 3 questions every week.

Great news for these two guys and great new for the program.

These guys will bring a ton of competition/depth to the OL. It should be fun to watch Gjere and Foster Bush (maybe Lenkiawicz too) battling for the other OT spot and Campion and Epping battling for the OG spot. I'm sure there could be a lot of shuffling around but it's nice to see these guys who at worst will provide a lot of depth and at best will be starting OL back in the fold.

I'm really excited about the OL for the coming years. Olsons, Campion, Gjere, Bjorkland, Pirsig, Hayes, etc., etc. The potential is immense (no pun intended). Have to give Brew some recruiting cred, but I'm so glad that the current staff is here to work with them.

Last time I talked to him Campion was likely going to move to Center. Of course what was a couple years ago. He alsmost signed with NoDak State at one point. We have been waiting for this kid to play for Minnesota for a loooooong time. He's gotta be 21 now and hasn't played one minute yet. Could be a decent player some day....we shall see.

I can't imagine better news for the 2012 Gopher team. It all starts in the trenches and the competition for playing time will be fun to watch!

Do you really think that will stop Sid from asking? :)
Mona fired a preemptive strike. The first comment made by Mona this morning was something like, "Sid, you've asked this question for 16 weeks in a row, but I'm going to ask if because today there's a different answer." Mona then asked Kill about the status of players with concussions. Kill said that they hoped they'd have everyone healthy at the start of camp. Sid jumped in and said, "Who are we talking to?" You can't make it up.

Top Bottom