Jim Harbaugh praises Jerry Kill, expects Minnesota's best effort Saturday night

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per MLive.com:

Harbaugh had a chance to speak about Kill for the first time since his retirement Thursday morning on 97.1-FM's "Stoney and Bill Show" in Detroit.

"Everybody has so much respect for Jerry Kill, he's one of the people in the profession that epitomizes coaching, teaching, mentoring at the highest level," Harbaugh said. "I (remember) a quote: 'A coach can influence more people in one year than most people do in a lifetime.' I'm not speaking about everybody, but in terms of Jerry Kill, I know it for a fact. I truly believe he is one of the premiere coaches and persons in the profession.

"The Harbaugh family has a deep, abiding respect for Jerry Kill."

He expects the Golden Gophers to play the same way they always do, but also to perform in tribute to their recently retired coach.

"There's no question it got tougher for us with the announcement this week," Harbaugh said. "It's going to be, I'm sure the Minnesota team will come with their bionic effort. It's probably the greatest compliment to coach Kill, that's how they always play. That's how they've been trained and coached, that's their football team.

"Same challenge for us. We've got to come with that kind of effort and we will. This was always going to be one that was going to be fair, healthy, honest competition between two teams that play very hard."

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/10/jim_harbaugh_praises_jerry_kil.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom