Jim Carter and Doogie interview- is our AThletic dept really This messed up?

You have to remember that Carter himself admitted to having a "monkey brain". Be skeptical.

Carter's version makes perfect sense to me. I don't believe the problems Kill was worried about that caused his medicine decisions were just performance issues on the field. Lack of support or perceived lack of support for a coach is devastating. Especially a successful one. The contract, the things not said by administration, the Teague fiasco and they didn't get along to begin with, then no A.D. in his mind, the facilities delay and fundraising, and 100 things unsaid in addition to losing games he expected to win...it just avalanched. I don't think there is anything said by Carter that doesn't have substance.

Listening to Carter...the thing I'm left with is not that he has a monkey brain but that he cares, he pays attention, and he wants to help improve things. He has had life experiences and been attentive to them. It has humbled him and in learning life lessons or wisdom along the way he'd like input in sharing them to make a difference. That's what I heard.

Some disturbing stuff about Kaler in there. Considering Kill and Carter are so close, I trust the validity of what he's saying.

He's illuminated several reasons why our teams have sucked so much for so many years. For Minnesota being such a smart state, we sure know how to have all the wrong people making important decisions for teams.

He's illuminated several reasons why our teams have sucked so much for so many years. For Minnesota being such a smart state, we sure know how to have all the wrong people making important decisions for teams.

I've always shaken my head about this one. There's a strange cultural phenomenon in this neck of the woods as to how we pick the leaders of our companies and agencies. So many of them seem to lack the vision thing or the strength to implement their ideas. Or is it entrenched cultural issues at all these institutions? One way or another, this is a state that used to run pretty well and accomplish things, and now...

Lack of support or perceived lack of support for a coach is devastating.

I wish my boss didn't support me enough to more than double my salary in a span of 12-13 months.

A lot of what he was saying doesn't add up to me. Kill didn't get public support after the Strib story, except from Goetz? Who else is supposed to give public statements supporting him? Goetz is the AD. The whole story was such a non issue, no one was attacking Jerry.

It sounds to me like he has some personal beef with the Board of Regents / Kaler and is taking his opportunity to smear some mud.

Also, apparently Kill was out fundraising "33 days per month". Don't know about that one.

Some disturbing stuff about Kaler in there. Considering Kill and Carter are so close, I trust the validity of what he's saying.

Not sure why, Kaler has a lot more to worry about than how Kill feels at any given point in time, athletics is a blip in his daily life.

Not sure why, Kaler has a lot more to worry about than how Kill feels at any given point in time, athletics is a blip in his daily life.

It shouldn't be. And if it is, you just reiterated what this guy is saying.

Not familiar with Carter. Is he considered some kind of Gopher Grand Poobah?

I don't think so

Not familiar with Carter. Is he considered some kind of Gopher Grand Poobah?

But he is a guy who grew up in South St Paul. Became a Gopher football captain. Went on to play linebacker for the Packers. He has been involved in successful business ventures.
He became a close friend of Jerry's and is just offering his opinions. Carter is interested, cares and is involved in Gopher athletics as an alumnus trying to make things better. The information offered meshes with my experiences.

I can't get past how much he rocks the maroon jacket and scarf.

It should a couple of bloops on his daily work life.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I like the scarf.

Can you imagine a ugly anthracite scarf?:rolleyes:

Top Bottom