Jerry Kill Press Conference Notes: Athletically and skill-wise...better this year

I wonder if they'd consider redshirting David Cobb.

Next year would be a better year to redshirt him, because Rodrick Williams will be in the mix (he's redshirting this year). And no running backs will have graduated from this year.

Marcus Fuller had this in his briefly at the end of his column

Kill said junior linebacker Brendan Beal broke a bone in his hand last week but is still expected to be ready to play in the opener. Beal missed last season because of a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

At receiver, Harbison and McDonald, will play Harbison, and we'll see on Andre.

What is up with Mcdonald?? He should be starting!!

I don't know about the "should be starting" but I think it might be a bit easier to crack the two-deep in the slot than WR. Green and DCT are banged up, but should both see a lot of looks. Moulton and Fruechte are both out there.

As far as in the slot, it's just Jones and Harbison, right?

U of M 2012 30+ Freshmen

Intending to Redshirt
1 Mitch Leidner
2 Nick Rallis
3 Cedric Dicke
4 John Mc Kelvey
5 Roderick Williams
6 Ben Holcomb
7 Jack Lynn
8 Yo Timms
9 Isaac Hayes
10 Tyler Hartmann
11 Ben Lauer
12 Jonah Pirsig
13 Lincoln Plsek
14 Maxx Williams
15 Alex Keith
16 Scott Epke
17 Edward Sardinha

NOT Expecting to Redshirt
1 KJ Maye
2 Demarius Travis
3 Antonio Johnson
4 Andre Mc Donald
5 Jamel Harbison
6 Eric Murray

Hopefully Redshirting
1 Phil Nelson

6 Additional Freshmen Redshirting
1 Cavonte Johnson DB Edina
2 Kyle Fodness kicker Bemidji
3 Hunter Friesen WR Mankato West
4 Augustine Pupungatoa River Falls
5 Jackson Miller Bill Miller's son
6 Duke Anyanwu Blaine athlete

I could be mistaken, but I thought I had heard that Friesen wasn't going to enroll in school until January, essentially making him a True FR next season.

I could be mistaken, but I thought I had heard that Friesen wasn't going to enroll in school until January, essentially making him a True FR next season.

I thought that too, Bob. But I know nothing.

I am agreement with your statement Don. The only question is it the first, second, or both sentences?:confused:

Next year would be a better year to redshirt him, because Rodrick Williams will be in the mix (he's redshirting this year). And no running backs will have graduated from this year.

You don't redshirt a junior, unless it's a medical redshirt where you apply for it after a season...

Top Bottom