Jerry Kill has spoken to former Gopher coaches

4four4

Reaction score
Pioneer Press

New Gophers football coach Jerry Kill has talked with fired predecessors Joe Salem, Glen Mason and Tim Brewster about the job.

"All of them sweated here; they want to see us win," Kill said. "Coach Brewster recruited these kids, and he has invested a lot of time in working with these kids. If we do well, that's a feather in Tim's cap."

Nice to see they still care after getting fired.

Just a simple philosophy of "Never burn bridges, ya never know when ya might use that bridge in the future."

Most adults learn that making enemies that do not have to be made will eventually bite you in the ass. There is no useful point to it, no matter how much you think the person is a jerk, or whatever. I can look back to the times i did it when I was younger and recognize that whether I was right about the person or not, I helped no one, and my motivations were all ego. Other people can figure it out as well as you can, so let it go.

Words to live by

Most adults learn that making enemies that do not have to be made will eventually bite you in the ass. There is no useful point to it, no matter how much you think the person is a jerk, or whatever. I can look back to the times i did it when I was younger and recognize that whether I was right about the person or not, I helped no one, and my motivations were all ego. Other people can figure it out as well as you can, so let it go.

I think all of us have caused suffering to ourselves and others by not following your advice. Yes, our egos are the culprit. Just notice what happens here when the ego takes over.

Top Bottom