" Jerry Kill chronicles Gophers years with soft edge in .. book" Joe Christensen

Iceland12

Reaction score
" Jerry Kill chronicles Gophers years with soft edge in .. book" Joe Christensen

Jerry Kill’s new autobiography slings no sharp arrows at the University of Minnesota over its decision not to keep him within the athletics department after he resigned as Gophers football coach for health reasons...

Kill writes how a Grand Rapids, Mich., doctor helped him change his medication and his habits to become seizure free for nearly two years before the downward spiral last season.

“I want to make one thing perfectly clear: the University of Minnesota gave me some of the best five years of my life,” Kill writes. “They provided me with an income status that is unbelievable for a farm kid from Cheney, Kansas.

“… Each job has its challenges, and I chose to do what I was doing. I could have stepped back and said, ‘I’m not going to do this.’ But I didn’t. It was my choice, and I’m not blaming anybody for what eventually occurred.”

Kill had hoped to stay with the Gophers, but he and school President Eric Kaler couldn’t agree on a new position. Kansas State wound up hiring Kill as an associate AD, where he is working closely with the football team.

“I might consider [being] a position coach someday,” Kill writes. “Do I ever want to be a head coach again? The answer is no. … I know for sure I will be part of football again someday. I just don’t know what part it will be.”

http://www.startribune.com/jerry-ki...rs-with-soft-edge-in-upcoming-book/390865101/

I wonder if every local writer will put his or her quote by quote article out?

Didn't we hash over this exact story a few days ago? Groundhog Day?

"Kill is great! Saved the program!"
"What an attention whore! Can't he give it up?!"
"Respect Coach Kill, but not sure he could get us over the hump."
"He'll coach again...for the kids."

/thread

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Didn't we hash over this exact story a few days ago? Groundhog Day?

Same column, missed that. It was on the front of today's sports section.

Then noticed that the quotes that posters pulled out, emphasized and discussed in that thread were quite different from the quotes listed in the O.P. here.

Yeah...Because more than one thread on a similar topic is definitely a huge faux pas on GopherHole. . NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Top Bottom