Jerry got another HC job!

I was watching the day they showed him convulsing on the side line for the first and last time, not good.

@Go4 do you have any thoughts on the matter?
indeed i do. you see, ol’ jer’ is a ball coach. it’s who he is, it’s in his blood. he turns boys into men and football is his vehicle. jer’ was brought in at tcu as an offensive quality consultant and it was clear to the texas christian admin that jer’s impact on the student athletes goes way beyond running it up the middle and stroking the post.

since his time impacting the boys at minnesota, jer has impacted the boys at k-state, rutgers, va tech, southern illinois and tcu. some critics will say he can’t hold a job, but rather he sees it as an opportunity to turn boys into men. there’s a strong chance that his wedding buddy gary p realized jer’ can have a greater impact on the student athletes or texas christian as hc.

whether jer’ got intentionally hit by a flying helmet by a smu player or if he just accidentally tripped by a tcu player, jer’ is always impacting the boys. this isn’t about him at all, it’s all about the boys.

They should have just waited until the end of the season to have the conversation with Patterson. That would have been the respectful thing to do. Ol' Jer should NOT be head coaching anyone.

Agreed. At one point I was thinking “Why can’t the Gophers get a coach like Gary Patterson?”

If recall correctly, Patterson implemented a spread offense 2 or 3 years ago to keep up with the times in the Big 12. He previously was a believer in playing tough defense and ball control. Now I see they have a decent offense but terrible defense. Maybe the old method wasn't so bad? Just guessing as I haven't paid attention to TCU at all.

Will be interesting to see if Kill can handle the pressure of being a head coach again, will be shocked if he is anything more than a fill in for the remainder of the season. Highly doubt they will look at him as a permanent solution given his health history.

Will be interesting to see if Kill can handle the pressure of being a head coach again, will be shocked if he is anything more than a fill in for the remainder of the season. Highly doubt they will look at him as a permanent solution given his health history.
The athletic ran an article about needing to can Kill because he was destroying their offense, and now Gary is gone and he's running the show

The athletic ran an article about needing to can Kill because he was destroying their offense, and now Gary is gone and he's running the show

Stats-wise, TCU's offense is pretty good. Regardless, that doesn't tell the whole picture. E.g. Nebby.

If Nebraska were to can Frosty (& I don't believe they will), it would not shock me to see 'ol Jer near the top of their get list.

They have a good bit of respect for him in Lincoln.

indeed i do. you see, ol’ jer’ is a ball coach. it’s who he is, it’s in his blood. he turns boys into men and football is his vehicle. jer’ was brought in at tcu as an offensive quality consultant and it was clear to the texas christian admin that jer’s impact on the student athletes goes way beyond running it up the middle and stroking the post.

since his time impacting the boys at minnesota, jer has impacted the boys at k-state, rutgers, va tech, southern illinois and tcu. some critics will say he can’t hold a job, but rather he sees it as an opportunity to turn boys into men. there’s a strong chance that his wedding buddy gary p realized jer’ can have a greater impact on the student athletes or texas christian as hc.

whether jer’ got intentionally hit by a flying helmet by a smu player or if he just accidentally tripped by a tcu player, jer’ is always impacting the boys. this isn’t about him at all, it’s all about the boys.
May ol' jer' get many more opportunities just because of this bit.

I actually wonder if this might be Kill’s swan song as a major college coaching staff member. He and Patterson are very close friends and that’s probably the only reason he was on the staff at TCU in the first place. I just hope he can make it through the season healthy. I’m sure his wife isn’t thrilled with him being the head coach even if it is only for a few games.

Patterson used to be highly respected as one of the top NCAA coaches. I'm curious about what caused the slide the past few years.
Partially, I think it has been a slow demise since joining the Big 12. It's harder to have sustained success in a big conference when you aren't one of the big dogs. Since they joined the Big 12, they've only had 3 seasons over .500, they're under .500 in conference total. They also survived on recruiting on the margins in TX and SMU, Houston, UTSA, and Baylor have all emerged.

If the expectations are for a coach to over .500 in the Big 12 for long stretches, it's a really tough job.

Partially, I think it has been a slow demise since joining the Big 12. It's harder to have sustained success in a big conference when you aren't one of the big dogs. Since they joined the Big 12, they've only had 3 seasons over .500, they're under .500 in conference total. They also survived on recruiting on the margins in TX and SMU, Houston, UTSA, and Baylor have all emerged.

If the expectations are for a coach to over .500 in the Big 12 for long stretches, it's a really tough job.
Yeah but Shooter is linking Fleck to TCU coaching opportunities. 😂

Top Bottom