Jaw dropping numbers...

ski-u-mah

Reaction score
Did anyone see this article. I flipped through first couple pages here to see if it had been posted. If it has, sorry, didn't see it.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had our numbers.

Kentucky Wins NCAA Basketball Title in Recruitment Spending

States Kentucky spent $434,095 in fiscal 2010 on recruiting.

It also states Wisconsin is last with $57,397

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...mpionship-in-spending-to-recruit-players.html

I like how the Vadger coach implies that they recruit locally/regionally because they want to, not because they have to.

I wonder if Kentucky has real reciepts for all of it or if it is just a number scrawled on a napkin with a note saying "recruiting expense"

$400k can buy you a lot of recruiting 'services'...think how good Oregon Hoops would be with that budget ;)

Who would have thought, Pearl was doing TN a favor by spending out of his own pocket.

And I'm sure payments to players' AAU coaches, uncles and cousins via 'Friends of Cal' are not included in this total.

And I'm sure payments to players' AAU coaches, uncles and cousins via 'Friends of Cal' are not included in this total.

You are correct howeda7. Booster Spending is a different categoy than Recruitment Spending. World Wide Wes' commissions are not considered a recruitment expense.

I believe you will find World Wide's commisions under "Special Services" and those services are exempt from NCAA review because John Calipari is not aware they exist.

Who would have thought, Pearl was doing TN a favor by spending out of his own pocket.

This ^^^ is funny.

Impressive that Wisconsin can still get to the Sweet 16 and be a competitor for the Big10 title every year. Bo really does more with less every year, with talent, and $.

This ^^^ is funny.

Impressive that Wisconsin can still get to the Sweet 16 and be a competitor for the Big10 title every year. Bo really does more with less every year, with talent, and $.

A state-of-the art stadium and practice facility as well as recruiting the same exact player every year helps too.

Top Bottom