Jamison Battle on MN game: It's just "another game”

I bet he won't be all fired-up to stick-it to his old team & coach. Hopefully he told them he won't play hard against us.

ok. I will acknowledge that you did post the info. Still, it was Ben’s number one priority to keep that player here.

Last edited:

Ben’s job is to get and keep the best players. This one hurts.

Money is just part of the reason. Plenty of players will turn down money to stay at quality programs who have a chance to win.
Wasn't there talk toward the end of last season that Jamison Battle was likely done playing college basketball because he wanted to move on with life and start making money somewhere, like playing professionally overseas? Ohio State seemed to present the option to both stay in college for a fifth year and also make money, presumably more money than he thought he could get here at the time. Maybe that has changed with how much Dinkytown Athletes seems to have ramped up in the time since Battle left.

Money is just part of the reason. Plenty of players will turn down money to stay at quality programs who have a chance to win.
Ben’s job is to get and keep the best players. This one hurts.
But should we blindly rip Ben? Or should we note the key factors? Lke Battle getting at least $150k + a luxury car & other gifts.

Maybe Battle played very well against us to show us that Ben put together some good players before they were bribed away.

But should we blindly rip Ben? Or should we note the key factors? Lke Battle getting at least $150k + a luxury car & other gifts.

What's Florida Atlantic paying their players? How about San Diego St? How about Northwestern? Or Wisconsin?

Kansas St lost their best player to Miami due to NIL last season and had a first year head coach, how'd that turn out for them?

MN is shooting better from 3 than OSU in conference this season. If you want a guy to jack 3’s, play average defense at best, and lose his feet every time he moves within 18 feet of the basket, he’s your guy.

HIs dream transfer and OSU's season has not panned out, to the extent that he feels it's just another game. Guess he wanted to ensure he gets booed.

HIs dream transfer and OSU's season has not panned out, to the extent that he feels it's just another game. Guess he wanted to ensure he gets booed.
Not to defend Battle, but the "just another game comment" was from December prior to the Gophers heading to Columbus, as this thread was bumped.

Perhaps he feels the same about the game tonight, though it's also possible the homecoming will be more than another game.

I have not seen any comments from him this week, so if he is on record with that again...my bad.

Top Bottom