Jamir Harris Summer Mixtape

Jamir finished the City of Palms Classic shooting 20/41 from 3-point land, over the course of 4 games. His final game he dropped 25 points and actually outscored one of the top players in the country, Trevon Duvall.

Seriously excited about having Jamir onboard.

Whaddya know, Jamir made the All-Tournament team as well. This isn't some podunk tourney either. This is one if the best national high school tournaments out there. Most of those guys, on the all-tourney team are 4/5 star recruits. Really nice accolade for Jamir.

C0UGfOAVEAA-HGj.jpg

Eight win teams typically don't bring in this kind of talent. Pitino/Young are clearly getting their message across to these guys. Hopefully this team will make some noise this year and they'll be able to bring in an elite center. Could be an epic turnaround from last year, to this year, to next year. Keep in mind.....we've still got Fitz who hasn't seen the court yet. Very exciting stuff.

Eight win teams typically don't bring in this kind of talent. Pitino/Young are clearly getting their message across to these guys. Hopefully this team will make some noise this year and they'll be able to bring in an elite center. Could be an epic turnaround from last year, to this year, to next year. Keep in mind.....we've still got Fitz who hasn't seen the court yet. Very exciting stuff.

Harris may be a bit of an under the radar guy, I noticed that three on the Patricks School roster are in the Rivals 150 list, Harris is not one of them. Getting a guy like that can really be a boost.

Harris may be a bit of an under the radar guy, I noticed that three on the Patricks School roster are in the Rivals 150 list, Harris is not one of them. Getting a guy like that can really be a boost.

Most likely due to his size. He is basically a 6'1/2 shooting guard. If he was a few inches taller I don't think there would be any doubt he's a top 150 guy maybe even top 100. Like I said in an earlier post, I think he'll get a healthy bump in the rankings once they get updated. The CoP classic is a very high profile national tournament. Pretty much everyone on the all-tournament team are 4/5 star guys except Jamir.

Most likely due to his size. He is basically a 6'1/2 shooting guard. If he was a few inches taller I don't think there would be any doubt he's a top 150 guy maybe even top 100. Like I said in an earlier post, I think he'll get a healthy bump in the rankings once they get updated. The CoP classic is a very high profile national tournament. Pretty much everyone on the all-tournament team are 4/5 star guys except Jamir.

I don't know if he'll get much of a bump, but like you said he's an undersized shooting guard and not currently a PG. He's a bit of a one-trick pony, just basically a 3 point shooter. The Gophers can definitely use a good 3 point shooter, but because he's undersized and other parts of his game are limited is why he's rated lower.

He's got skill; he's got range; he's got explosion to the basket. How soon can he get here?

I don't know if he'll get much of a bump, but like you said he's an undersized shooting guard and not currently a PG. He's a bit of a one-trick pony, just basically a 3 point shooter. The Gophers can definitely use a good 3 point shooter, but because he's undersized and other parts of his game are limited is why he's rated lower.

And aren't those rankings for NBA potential? I feel like I read that somewhere.

Many a college team thrive with solid 1 trick ponies. We've got one in Murph down low, add this one to the perimeter, add Washington with dribble drive, and Dupree with the slash game and we've got ourselves a stable of ponies!

POLLYANNA!!!

Top Bottom