James Johannesson Commits to Gophers!!

Lol. I'll never understand why they feel this way. I got the same lecture from a friend when I wore a Gopher sweatshirt on campus. They truly believe we are rivals.

Yeah, I don't get it either. When ndsu beat us a few years ago, they acted like they won a super bowl. On Facebook, I congratulated the NDSU fans on beating a 3 win team, and I got the nastiest replies from people I didn't even know.

I think he will be here and get his shot at RB in the fall just like was said at the time when he committed.

Not until the over analyzing stops.

It's a Gopher message board. We're here to overanalyze. If you don't like it, find a new hobby. Or don't click on the threads.

I was personally very impressed with James' film running the ball. It impressed me more than any of the incoming RB recruits. I hope he plays RB.

It's a Gopher message board. We're here to overanalyze. If you don't like it, find a new hobby. Or don't click on the threads.

I agree it is a discussion board. It's the over analyzing everything that is bush.

Lol. I'll never understand why they feel this way. I got the same lecture from a friend when I wore a Gopher sweatshirt on campus. They truly believe we are rivals.

Other sports exist as well. For example......hockey. The Gophers and ND are pretty strong rivals (although the conference shuffle may degrade it if they cannot play regularly). I rarely wore Gophers gear on the SCSU campus simply because they were rivals in the old WCHA. This is despite the fact that I cared way more about football and basketball, in which the two will never play in anything other than an exhibition.

You'd have to give him a shot at RB for if it works out, you may be looking at the next Mike Alstot.

He's looks pretty good in his highlight videos. Give him a shot. If it works out.....great. If not.....ask him if he's willing to switch positions or let him go.

Other sports exist as well. For example......hockey. The Gophers and ND are pretty strong rivals (although the conference shuffle may degrade it if they cannot play regularly). I rarely wore Gophers gear on the SCSU campus simply because they were rivals in the old WCHA. This is despite the fact that I cared way more about football and basketball, in which the two will never play in anything other than an exhibition.

North Dakota State doesn't have a hockey team. You're thinking of University of North Dakota.

North Dakota State doesn't have a hockey team. You're thinking of University of North Dakota.

Right. But this didn't occur on the NDSU campus.....did it? I was referring to any and all ND teams.

Right. But this didn't occur on the NDSU campus.....did it? I was referring to any and all ND teams.

I think the state championship is played at the Fargodome so yes it would be in Fargo on campus. Unless I'm mistaken.

I think the state championship is played at the Fargodome so yes it would be in Fargo on campus. Unless I'm mistaken.

Ah. Yeah, you are probably right. Still think that they would have some ND fans there. And since NDSU doesn't have a hockey team (do they??) there's a possibility that some are ND hockey fans.

I live in the area and spend quite a bit of time around NDSU and see lots of kids wearing Gopher gear with no worries. 99% of my friends who are NDSU fans are also Gopher fans. UND not so much.

The staff watched Johannesson play RB at camp this summer. They immediately offered him... as a RB. Does he have "position versatility?" Probably. Do we want him as a RB? Likely. Do we need to misrepresent our intentions for a player that has offers from UND, NDSU, and Yale? Doubtful.

I live in the area and spend quite a bit of time around NDSU and see lots of kids wearing Gopher gear with no worries. 99% of my friends who are NDSU fans are also Gopher fans. UND not so much.

Not very many UND football fans left in Fargo. There are UND hockey fans. NDSU Bison do not have a hockey team.

It rotates between Grand Forks and Fargo it was in GF at the Alerus Center this year.

It rotates between Grand Forks and Fargo it was in GF at the Alerus Center this year.

Interesting. I didn't know it rotated. That seems strange to me considering most of the die hard football fans are probably in the Fargo-Moorhead area.

Are kids really this naive? Any staff that has half a brain (and Kill's clearly does in this regard) will tell any recruit they will get a shot to play the position they want to in college. So if this kid wants a shot at RB then heck yeah in the recruiting process you say he will get the chance even if ultimately you are looking at him at a different position.

Who knows where he will ultimately end up, gut would say it is probably LB but who knows till he gets on campus and shows what he can do. The main hope is that like D. Jones the kid is smart enough to see that his desired position might not be the best fit for him at the next level and accepts the position change (assuming that is what happens).

Do you know these things as fact?

The situation with Carlberg tells us that this staff will not lie to a kid. If a kid doesn't fit their profile for a position (DL in Carlberg's case). They won't lie to him. If you do fit their system at one position, but they think another position fits better, they'll give you a shot at your preferred position. Like I said the coaches are straight shooters if they don't think you can play a position they will not offer at that position.

Top Bottom