James Franklin is suspending starting DT Antonio Shelton for one game

That was my first thought as well. League says, "Coach either you suspend him or we will. How do you want to be perceived?" But PJ had some good things to say about coach Franklin a couple days ago, so maybe I'm wrong.

Or it’s a Twitter world. The Big Ten calls attention to it...as a hard line, no nonsense, disciplinarian coach his hand is somewhat forced by the box he put himself telling us who he is. So, what are you gonna do? Eff n a, man! I gotta suspend him. Shhhh...t

Well, that’s some good news. Our chances are inching up. Like others I’m shocked the coach would pull him for a whole game but we’ll never know the real story. I think it was one of Saban’s players that was suspended for a half after literally jabbing another player’s eye with his finger leading to injury, caught on national tv.

Well, that’s some good news. Our chances are inching up. Like others I’m shocked the coach would pull him for a whole game but we’ll never know the real story. I think it was one of Saban’s players that was suspended for a half after literally jabbing another player’s eye with his finger leading to injury, caught on national tv.
We'll... To be fair, he only injured half of his eyes...

Too soon?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Been viewing some of the Penn State forums and it sounds like they have had some issues this season with guys doing unsportsmanlike things which may have led to this finally being the last straw and Franklin coming down much harder on Shelton. But in general they all seem to agree that it is a fair punishment that needed to happen. Don't see much outrage at all from their board.

There are some though that assume Franklin is so confident they have this one in the bag he felt he could suspend Shelton. To be fair, those fans seem to be in the minority.

I've never understood this mentality. Think of all the wins other teams have on the Gophers in the last 40 years when we were cobbled by injuries, down years, suspensions, rebuilding, etc. Those opposing fans aren't thinking, "Man, that B1G Championship feels less important because Minnesota was down that year."

The Gophers are not going to become Ohio State. We need the stars to align to have magical seasons. Take. Everything. You. Can. Get.

Correct. I don't care if every game we win is against the backup QB. I'll take 15 of those please...

Top Bottom