Jacques Perra Commits as PWO

This is a PWO spot

Is this the right quarterback from MN? I have no connection to either but am just wondering... should the Gophers have secured Connor Wilkie instead????

Wilkie took a grant in aide offer from Minnesota State Southwest in Marshall to play for Corey Sauters team over a PWO offer from the U.
Perra is taking a shot at a PWO, paying his own tuition to start in hopes of earning a scholarship. Coach Kill must think he has a chance if he did an in home visit with him and his parents and to recruit him that hard and the quarterbacks coach. Good luck to Mr. Perra, I think with this staff he will be given a fair chance to come in and compete with everyone else. If his passing skills translate, this guy could end up playing for the Gophers in a couple years. I like that the kid is taking a shot on himself, and thinks he is good enough to compete at the D1 level.

I think one of the biggest benefits of PWOs that nobody has mentioned is that they push scholarship players. You work a lot harder when the man behind you on the depth chart is fighting tooth and nail to get PT and earn a scholly. Some players will always be self-motivated to be the best they can be, but some can become content and complacent once they get on top of the depth chart. It's just like in the pros when someone gets a massive contract and backslides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart move by Kill. Wouldn't surprise me to see him play in the next two years.

Let's hope this isn't the case. We need to end this cycle of freshmen/sophomore starting QBs. Maybe when he's a rsJR or so.

Is this the right quarterback from MN? I have no connection to either but am just wondering... should the Gophers have secured Connor Wilkie instead????

I'm the furthest thing from an expert. I've seen them both play and I never thought Wilkie anywhere near as good as Perra. I've never seen the kid from Benilde play, but I've heard people were pretty impressed with him. I've seen Perra play for a few years and I would have been perfectly fine with him getting a scholarship offer. So for me, it wasn't close, I've always preferred Perra to Wilkie (there are old posts pre-Perra commitment than can prove it).

He runs a little like Peyton manning, can't be a bad sign.

I will trust the observations of those who have seen this kid play. Does he make good decisions? Is he accurate? Does he rise to the occasion under pressure? Sounds like yes on all.

He runs a little like Peyton manning, can't be a bad sign.

I will trust the observations of those who have seen this kid play. Does he make good decisions? Is he accurate? Does he rise to the occasion under pressure? Sounds like yes on all.

I'm a Cretin guy, so this is coming from someone who cheered against him every single time I saw him play. During those games, I wished he was underrated, but he wasn't. He was on a team that didn't have nearly as much talent as Cretin, but Perra kept making big plays.

I think the thing with Perra that is exciting is that he's a winner. He put a football program and a school on his back and had some enormous victories. Take nothing away from Roseville, but if they didn't have Perra, they would have been a pretty average team.

He also could have went anywhere else. As a guy who went to Cretin, I caught myself thinking "why did this kid go to Roseville?" I meant it as a compliment. Most kids in his shoes, would have been the QB at Cretin. He could have went to Cretin, Roseville loses a lot of athletes to Cretin, his family could have easily afforded it. However, he chose to stick it out with Roseville.

A HECK of a passer and a GREAT kid. You won't find him body slamming any security officers. He will start someday; write that down.

Top Bottom