Jacques Perra Commits as PWO

positively4thstreet

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Officially committed to further my education and football career at the university of Minnesota!? <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SkiUMah&src=hash">#SkiUMah</a> <a href="http://t.co/W6HaSTxeGg">pic.twitter.com/W6HaSTxeGg</a></p>— Jacques Perra (@JPerra16) <a href="https://twitter.com/JPerra16/statuses/426150571414786049">January 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jacques Perra ‏@JPerra16 5m
Officially committed to further my education and football career at the university of Minnesota!&#55356;&#57288; #Gophers #SkiUMah pic.twitter.com/W6HaSTxeGg

Yes it is, I like his athleticism and attitude, tough kid.

That's absolutely great news! I hope he earns a scholarship and sees the field a lot.

Great news! Welcome aboard Mr Perra!

I'm ecstatic that this kid has committed. He was a dynamic player and he really made a program like Roseville a powerhouse. He was the reason that Roseville beat Cretin this year. It wasn't lucky, it wasn't flukey, they had the best player on the field play amazingly. He's tough, he's a leader and I think he will be a starting QB at the U. I would have been 100% ok if the U would have given him a scholarship and so this is really good news.

Smart move by Kill. Wouldn't surprise me to see him play in the next two years.

With our shortage of schollies this year, great move by Kill and if Perra works hard, probably see a scholly in a couple of years.

Love how Kill has been awarding 2-3 per year to walk ins. Shows he is serious when he says - come earn it!

This could turn out to be a huge PWO. Hopefully we get his receiver next year.

Color me pleasantly surprised. I like this get.

Sent from my MUCH i5 using Tapatalk

I am surprised Perra is coming to the "U" seemed like he favored a scholarship and a better shot at playing time at a smaller school. Can't do anything but root for a kid who's willing to take a chance on himself like Perra is (and obviously having parents who can afford tuition helps). Congrats to Jacques and good luck.

Awesome!

I am surprised Perra is coming to the "U" seemed like he favored a scholarship and a better shot at playing time at a smaller school. Can't do anything but root for a kid who's willing to take a chance on himself like Perra is (and obviously having parents who can afford tuition helps). Congrats to Jacques and good luck.

I'd love to see him win the job by out playing our other healthy scholarship quarterbacks. Seems like a
brick by brick story in the making. Nice! Thank you, Jacques!

I'd love to see him win the job by out playing our other healthy scholarship quarterbacks. Seems like a
brick by brick story in the making. Nice! Thank you, Jacques!

I'd love to see one of our QB's win the job and lead us to 9 or more wins. I don't care who that is. Watch Perra play, he looks like he has the tools to be in the mix.

I would think that this is perhaps one positive about Nelson leaving….it opened a spot and a confident guy like Perra are willing to risk a guaranteed scholarship to go for it. 4 solid walk-ons so far….

Smart move by Kill. Wouldn't surprise me to see him play in the next two years.

I like the pickup as well but I really hope the Gophers are passed playing rFr OBs by that time. I wouldnt mind if he started seeing time but I would prefer if its 3-4 years from now.

I like the pickup as well but I really hope the Gophers are passed playing rFr OBs by that time. I wouldnt mind if he started seeing time but I would prefer if its 3-4 years from now.

That would be ideal, but injuries will happen.

Way to go Jacques!

Way to go kid! The Raider Nation/Gopher Nation is behind you all the way. Great player. Great Student. Great Leader. Superfan of all the Raiders sports! You'll be missed next year. Cant wait to see you on the field. You should already be familiar with the field with the great win over MG. Congrats!

Is this the right quarterback from MN? I have no connection to either but am just wondering... should the Gophers have secured Connor Wilkie instead????

Top Bottom