Jacob Knuth Commits!

C'mon dawg is everything just pulling teeth here? Super unpleasant. Hyperbole does not = false/wrong.

Again - welcome aboard Jacob! Excited for your addition to the team!
They're your words bro... what are we supposed to think? In that same response you highlight someone else's words.... wut?

They're your words bro... what are we supposed to think? In that same response you highlight someone else's words.... wut?

I can't follow your thought process mate. It genuinely doesn't make sense.

For me, Mitch was not a good QB and should not be remembered as one. RememberMurr brought up Leidner in an early post and said Knuth was unlikely to be able to play at the same level. I disagree.

Again - welcome aboard Jacob! Excited to have you in maroon and gold!

As I paged through all of this stuff I feel sorry for the kid who just committed and comes to this site to see people knocking the commitment and then totally talking about someone else other than him.

Dear Jacob and any other Gopher player/recruit,

If you're reading this, get away from GopeherHole now. Run, don't walk.

Best,
SxS

I can tell, you seem confused by the meanning of the worlds you choose.

This is cringe man. I've used my words accurately. I know you don't agree but poor faith to spiral into personal attacks.

And I agree 6x6 - run away from here recruits! It's not even a pleasant place to be as a fan - can't imagine it's a nice experience for a player.

Again - welcome aboard Jacob! Think you will be a great addition to the room!

And for those interested, his JR year HUDL highlights:

This is cringe man. I've used my words accurately.

SamSquatch said:
"deify" was hyperbole even if accurate.

"Accurately"

can't imagine it's a nice experience for a player.

Imagine having a commitment thread with guys like you looking to complain about former players ...

Folks worried about how these threads look should look at who brings in the negitivity and complainning.

Nobody needs to complain about ANY player in these threads ... that's a choice man.

Last edited:

"Accurately"

Imagine having a commitment thread with guys like you looking to complain about former players ...

Folks worried about how these threads look should look at who brings in the negitivity and complainning.

Nobody needs to complain any player in these threads ... that's a choice man.

Take it up with the cat who said Jacob was unlikely to be able to reach Leidner levels of play.

Will close again the same way I have with every post - welcome aboard Jacob! Think you will be a great addition!

As I paged through all of this stuff I feel sorry for the kid who just committed and comes to this site
Gonna stop you right there.

I think it's fairly delusional to expect this actually happens. Maybe it makes us feel better about ourselves, that someone outside of GH might actually read and care about what we say, but I doubt that is true.

I think it's fairly delusional to expect this actually happens. Maybe it makes us feel better about ourselves, that someone outside of GH might actually read and care about what we say, but I doubt that is true.

I disagree. If I was a recruit and committed to a school I would probably seek out a fan board to see how fans of the team are reacting to the news. I wouldn't put much stock in it or be offended when the old farts on the site start arguing about something that had nothing to do with me. But I would still want to check it out and see the reaction.

I disagree. If I was a recruit and committed to a school I would probably seek out a fan board to see how fans of the team are reacting to the news. I wouldn't put much stock in it or be offended when the old farts on the site start arguing about something that had nothing to do with me. But I would still want to check it out and see the reaction.
I would check too.

If we're comparing Leidner to Morgan, Tanner is clearly the better QB.
Which Tanner are you comparing Leidner to...? 2019 Tanner clearly had a magical season. The jury is still out on whether or not it was because he had receivers making big plays for him, though. 2020 Tanner wouldn't clearly be better than Mitch. Brings up two questions, one of which we will be getting an answer to in a few months. Which Tanner is the real thing? tOSU will probably show us an answer to that question pretty quickly. The other question would be what would have Leidner have accomplished if he'd had the supporting cast that Tanner had in 2019 (and been healthy?) We'll never know...

You did dude. It's not useful to get caught up in paraphrasing and "deify" was hyperbole even if accurate.

A cleaner summary is that you believe Leidner was a good QB based off his career stats, and that it is unlikely a recent commit could achieve the same level of play. Others believe he was a bad QB. I believe he was a bad QB, and think it is likely several of our QBs in the current room can play at a higher level, including our newest Gopher.

Again, welcome aboard Jacob! Think you will be a great addition to the squad!

Uhhhhhh... nope.

I never mentioned "skill level" in a defense of Leidner. Not once. Never came close. That's sheer dishonesty on your part — dude.

I hope every single QB the Gophers recruit, including this new kid, has a better career than Mitch Leidner had. But, because I'm capable of reading a stat line, I am realistic enough to see that most of them will fall short — especially in the categories of Total Touchdowns and Wins as a Starter.

I said "most of them", just to make sure you're not tempted to distort what I wrote again.

Uhhhhhh... nope.

I never mentioned "skill level" in a defense of Leidner. Not once. Never came close. That's sheer dishonesty on your part — dude.

I hope every single QB the Gophers recruit, including this new kid, has a better career than Mitch Leidner had. But, because I'm capable of reading a stat line, I am realistic enough to see that most of them will fall short — especially in the categories of Total Touchdowns and Wins as a Starter.

I said "most of them", just to make sure you're not tempted to distort what I wrote again.

Egad guys - this place can suck, huh? Please try not to resort to snide attacks in your responses. Super uncool and not needed.

You were wondering if he could be Leidner 2.0 and said probably not given Leidner’s stats. It read as a statement on both QBs ability. If your post was simply to bring attention to past QB stats you find compelling, thats fair discussion in a different thread.

My, and others, contention is that Leidner was not a competent QB, and that Knute is an exciting addition that could (and likely should) perform at a higher level.

Again - welcome aboard Jacob. You seem like a great addition and we are happy to have you in the boat!

Egad guys - this place can suck, huh? Please try not to resort to snide attacks in your responses. Super uncool and not needed.

You were wondering if he could be Leidner 2.0 and said probably not given Leidner’s stats. It read as a statement on both QBs ability. If your post was simply to bring attention to past QB stats you find compelling, thats fair discussion in a different thread.

My, and others, contention is that Leidner was not a competent QB, and that Knute is an exciting addition that could (and likely should) perform at a higher level.

Again - welcome aboard Jacob. You seem like a great addition and we are happy to have you in the boat!

Uh huh. 'A different thread', indeed.

You're a bit of a BS artist, but you're right about one thing; time to move on. Ooopsie... was I just "super uncool", again?

I’d decommit immediately if I saw someone saying I wouldn’t be as good as some old hack qb.

And what a loss that would be for the U!

"We lost our keyboard warrior/recruit because he was too much of a snowflake to accept a challenge!"
I’d immediately commit to Iowa and lead them to four straight Floyds.

I’d immediately commit to Iowa and lead them to four straight Floyds.

Why not prove me wrong at Minnesota, your first choice, and original commitment?

Is even a little bit of a challenge too much for you? Does it make you melt? Do you need a guaranteed participation trophy, with pizza and a juice box?

Good luck in the B1G, bruh.

Great news about Jacob!!! Glad to hear about how he wanted to commit early so he could help recruit others. This has worked well in the past when other early recruits did this...Coughlin, Annexstad, Ortiz, etc. Mods, please put an end to the painful pissing match in this thread....thanks in advance!

Parents definitely do read forums like this and many have joined.

A basketball recruit, Jonathan Nwankwo, actually announced his decision on GH and made an account for it.

This is cringe man. I've used my words accurately. I know you don't agree but poor faith to spiral into personal attacks.

And I agree 6x6 - run away from here recruits! It's not even a pleasant place to be as a fan - can't imagine it's a nice experience for a player.

Again - welcome aboard Jacob! Think you will be a great addition to the room!

And for those interested, his JR year HUDL highlights:

My, but what a phony-baloney BS artist you are!

Tell me: Is GopherHole a "a pleasant place" for a former Gopher player like Mitch Leidner — dude?

Would a kid who is considering Minnesota enjoy reading what you and others like you post here about a former player who gave his all for the U? Would they be impressed by your support for the athletes — dude?

Last edited:

Why not prove me wrong at Minnesota, your first choice, and original commitment?

Is even a little bit of a challenge too much for you? Does it make you melt? Do you need a guaranteed participation trophy, with pizza and a juice box?

Good luck in the B1G, bruh.
Listen I didn’t realize how dark it would be in the shadow of Leidner when I originally committed. No matter what I accomplish, will it ever be enough?

I’d decommit immediately if I saw someone saying I wouldn’t be as good as some old hack qb.
Do you - or anyone, for that matter - really think that Jacob Knuth gives a damn about what a bunch of old ummm, dudes have to say about his skill level...? Laughable.

Parents definitely do read forums like this and many have joined.

A basketball recruit, Jonathan Nwankwo, actually announced his decision on GH and made an account for it.
"Son, good news! I found a message board fill with opinions from random internet people that I've never met, talking about your commitment! Want to hear what they're saying?!"

"Uhhhhhh ... do I have to?"

:cool:

Ok....I know I was even part of the defending Leidner in this thread, but let's move on... No one is changing anyone's mind.

Do you - or anyone, for that matter - really think that Jacob Knuth gives a damn about what a bunch of old ummm, dudes have to say about his skill level...? Laughable.
No, just being satirical.

Ok....I know I was even part of the defending Leidner in this thread, but let's move on... No one is changing anyone's mind.

I'm guilty of being part of the debate as well and agree it is time to move on because yeah, at this point minds have been made up and it is just the constant rehashing of the same tired arguments.

Welcome to the squad anyone associated with the Knuth family that might have waded through all the OT discussion. Glad Jacob is excited to be a Gopher.

Could he be Mitch Leidner 2.0? Probably not; unfortunately, the odds are against him achieving that level.

You say you're into stats; here's Mitch Leidner's Gopher bio:

CAREER: Played in 47 career games (29-18 record) and started 41 (24-17 record as a starter) • rushed 446 times (15th all-time in school history) for 1,495 yards (third in school history for a quarterback) and 33 career touchdowns (most in school history for a quarterback, fourth for any player) • passed for 7,287 yards (third most in school history) and 36 touchdowns (fifth in school history) • ranks fifth all-time in school history in completion percentage (56.4), second in completions (580) and second in attempts (1,029) • only Minnesota quarterback ever to pass and rush for 30 career touchdowns • ranks second all-time in total offense with 8,882 yards.

Dear goodness gracious no not another leidner. I will instantly become a badger fan. Never will I go thru another 4 years of a leidner

Top Bottom