Jackson Purcell scholly and the softball game

Intrasquad softball game. Purcell lead off hitter for team Ramberg introduced as the 13th scholarship by the PA. Big celebration follows. Then he hits an inside the park homer. He has wheels. Outstanding athlete.

Be honest, how many were watching that and thinking; "Just the Gophers luck that he'll hit 3rd base and blow up his knee, or worse yet, enthusiastically slide into home and blow up both his knee and ankle."?

Don't know if it translates to more wins, but all of the videos sure make it look like this team has a lot of fun, and has some interesting personalities.

Hopefully they can get more fans on their side and bump up the attendance this season.
The teams morale is critical to the team’s success. They have to have fun to build that. Winning will amplify that. We can’t have close wins in OOC play other than our close win over Missouri. With right promotion we will see Williams filled up again. I see some Mpls/STP articles being rational helpful. I also see ‘holers turning the corner with optimism.

Be honest, how many were watching that and thinking; "Just the Gophers luck that he'll hit 3rd base and blow up his knee, or worse yet, enthusiastically slide into home and blow up both his knee and ankle."?
The thought fleetingly crossed my mind.

My thoughts were more bleak-there would be a play at the plate and the collision would make Pete Rose wince, taking out Purcell and a starter for the season.

My thoughts were more bleak-there would be a play at the plate and the collision would make Pete Rose wince, taking out Purcell and a starter for the season.
You all need to go to your shrink ASAP!
If you don't have a shrink, please tear up your plan for tomorrow's suicide!
Cheer up for Crissake, it's a frickin softball game!
Go home and change your diapers...

Ramberg's scholarship was for last season only.
Purcell's scholarship is for this season only.
All scholarships are yearly and can be Creaned at any time.

Purcell would not get injured running the bases even if he had to parkour from base to base over a ravine of angry alligators.
It’s more probable that one of our projected starters would tear their Achilles reaching for a box of cereal from the top cabinet of their kitchen.

All scholarships are yearly and can be Creaned at any time.

Purcell would not get injured running the bases even if he had to parkour from base to base over a ravine of angry alligators.
It’s more probable that one of our projected starters would tear their Achilles reaching for a box of cereal from the top cabinet of their kitchen.
Great positive spin. Please advise CBJ to have all players place their cereal on lower shelves. We appear to have made it through summer camp injury free! (Howdy should be placed on suicide watch)

Top Bottom