Jack Gibbens makes Titans active 53-man roster; Sam Schlueter signs to Jets practice squad

Jets could use literally anyone over their current OL

Awesome to see Gibbens make an active roster and also great for Schlueter to find his way onto a practice squad. Hopefully both can stick with their current teams to the end of the season.

Nice pay bump as well! Hopefully he did well last Sunday for a lasting impression.

Remember three years ago when Schlueter was starting and really struggling? Most of us, me included, were questioning his position on the team and fretting we had zero depth on the o-line. The coaches noticed things none of us could see without being there. Really proud of him sticking with it and enduring the tough lessons team sports require.

Jack Gibbens? Why did we ever take him as a transfer? He played for a poor FCS team - that’s why Coach Fleck will never be good.

I’m just kidding - I loved Gibbens, came out of no where and was an absolute stud!

Jack Gibbens? Why did we ever take him as a transfer? He played for a poor FCS team - that’s why Coach Fleck will never be good.

I’m just kidding - I loved Gibbens, came out of no where and was an absolute stud!
He came out of nowhere? He dominated at Abilene Christian.

2019 (Junior)
Appeared in all 12 games and collected 104 tackles, 8.5 for loss (-32 yards) and 2.5 sacks (-18)
Forced a fumble, defensed eight passes and hurried the quarterback three times
Intercepted two passes for 25 yards

2019 (Junior)
Appeared in all 12 games and collected 104 tackles, 8.5 for loss (-32 yards) and 2.5 sacks (-18)

I believe he had All Conference honors and Academic All American honors. I suppose you could say he came out of nowhere to Power 5 fans since he was in an FCS conference.

I believe he had All Conference honors and Academic All American honors. I suppose you could say he came out of nowhere to Power 5 fans since he was in an FCS conference.
He did have those as well. But 104 tackles is a lot of tackles. I think he was a no doubter as someone who would help. Maybe he was better than expected but he didnt just show up on accident. He was a sought after portal recruit.

2019 (Junior)
By no where, I meant did not come from a big name university. Kind of playing off of the people making fun of Fleck for only getting the WMU transfers in the portal.

Gibbens was great. Big game, big play kinda player even with only one year here one of my favorite Gophers.

He did have those as well. But 104 tackles is a lot of tackles. I think he was a no doubter as someone who would help. Maybe he was better than expected but he didnt just show up on accident. He was a sought after portal recruit.
It’s impressive how well the we have done with transfer LBs. At least three have used Minnesota as a stepping stone to the NFL in recent years (Campbell, Wilson, and now Gibbens).

It’s impressive how well the we have done with transfer LBs. At least three have used Minnesota as a stepping stone to the NFL in recent years (Campbell, Wilson, and now Gibbens).
Incredible really. For a team with very few NFLers three of them being transfer LBs is a funny fact.

Top Bottom