Iverson

GophersOnTheRise

Reaction score
Didn't put up huge numbers or anything, but I thought he had a great game tonight and played a huge role in the big win tonight. Just wanted to give him a shoutout.

Big Colt

I've never given up on Iverson. He's only a soph, he's THIS close to putting it together with his game around the rim. Those shots he frequently misses in the lane, sometimes after a very solid, aggressive move towards the rim, are going to start falling for him.

He's going to be a very solid contributor over the next few years, I have no doubt.

He played very well tonight. It seems like it takes longer for big men to develop than players at other positions. Lets hope Colt can put it all together next year.

Tubby Noticed Too

I couldn't agree more, that was the best game I have seen Colt play all year (yes, I know he had a double double in one half earlier) He seemed to always be around the ball... Tubby seemed to reward him with some serious run tonight

I saw Colt hustling, sure with the ball, and making good passes. When he and Ralph are working high-low well, its a thing of beauty...

Love it. Love it. Love it.

Colton did what does not show up on the stats sheets...Monster D down low.

Not to take away from RS3...Ralph's jump hook for a bucket was a thing of beauty too.

I'd say colt is pretty good for the second post player on the team. I'm not sure how good other school's 2nd 7 footers are, but even in his poor games, I have no problem with him coming off the bench.

I also liked having Iverson and Sampson on the floor at the same time. The twin towers approach seemed to work wonders. Hope to see it some more

Still needs to box out better in the zone defense (as do a lot of our team).

But he he looked very comfortable playing the high-low game with Ralph when they were paired up. Also, showed a lot of heart and made smart decisions, which is all I really ask for out of a player anyway.

Keep it up Colt.

Good screener

Give Colton credit, too, for being a solid screener. Guys seem to be able to shake loose a lot easier when his big frame is out there setting picks.

Still not good enough to play for any of the 347 D-I basketball teams.

Having Iverson on the court at the same time with Sampson really created matchup problems for Wisconsin. It left Johnson with a much less physical matchup than it would have been.

Having the two big men in at the same time really allowed the zone defense that they were playing work. They were able to go way out and pick up the Wisconsin shooters without fear of opening up the middle.

Great game Colton!! When he is aggressive and confident he is such a good post. When he is hesitant and retaliating to physical play he is on the bench in foul trouble.

Having Iverson on the court at the same time with Sampson really created matchup problems for Wisconsin. It left Johnson with a much less physical matchup than it would have been.

Good point.

Iverson always rebounds, but tonight had some nice passes (quick look to Sampson), soft hands and actually put the ball in through the hole. It was encouraging to see the towers together again.

Mn needs Colton's toughness, especially against WI. His physicality changed the game.

Iverson played a hell of a game. His level of impact on the game was not congruent with his stat line, as he really made a bunch of little hustle plays that ended up making a big difference out there.

I've never been concerned with Iverson, even though many people on here have stated that he should transfer to a D2 school. He's still growing into his body, and will be a force in the next couple of years. How much, I don't know.

However, I'd much rather have him on my team than our opponent's, let's put it that way.

Iverson looked good with the shaved head. Kind of menacing. Has his ups and downs, but never cheats with his effort. That's why I like the dude. I was happy for him last night.

Iverson had a hell of a game, an unsung hero, played most of the first half. Plinnius is probably a D1 center want-a-be. Iverson will be better next year, just as he has been this year.

Top Bottom