It's time

GoForGold

Reaction score
The conference needs a new name. It's happened before and it needs to happen again. How about the Big Time Conference? Gets us away of the numbers problem and is a nice play on the Big Ten name. We are a big time conference after all. We might as well say it.

A great opportunity to eliminate stupid Legends and Leaders names.

Don't see it happening, the Big Ten is a brand at this point and not a description of the conference. If having 12 teams didn't persuade the conference heads to change the name then why would more teams?

Don't see it happening, the Big Ten is a brand at this point and not a description of the conference. If having 12 teams didn't persuade the conference heads to change the name then why would more teams?

You mean if 11 didn't 20 years ago, why would 14 now?

Obviously, it should be the Big 14.

Keep the conference name, use east and west for the division names. Problem solved.

It will be B1G4, and still called the Big Ten.

They won't change the name but they find a way to stylistically make the "G" in B1G look like a 6.

I agree. The Big Ten is dead. Lets announce the name change and then have a funeral (in Indianapolis of course) and bury the thing. This new mega conference has watered down what the Big Ten means to the point that we should no longer fool ourselves into thinking its the same.

Oh, and make sure that you charge admission to the funeral because nothing matters more than a few bucks.

Just leave it because it will be two divisions of 10 when they're finished.

the conference name should stay "Big 10" in my opinion. The "10" hasn't reflected the actual number of teams for nearly 20 years, why change that now after it has become such a well known brand?

I remember back at the time Penn State joined they were throwing ideas around like "the Great Lakes Conference" - I'm glad they didn't make a name change then and I'm glad they aren't doing it now.

Expand to 16 and get one West Coast team in the process and call it the Coast-to-Coast Conference with the conference championship trophy called by Coast-to-Coast Hardware.

Top Bottom