It's time to make the changes needed...

Big Ten Mind

Reaction score
...to be taken seriously in Big Ten football

1) When Bruinicks retires replace him with a President who understands that most football recruits are atheletes first and students second (I understand they have to attend class and pass) - good example is when Donna Shalala came to WI

2) Replace the A.D. with someone with a winning mentality and not a softy who repeats the tired "we want to live up to the values of the university" nonsense and demands accountability of the coaching staffs and himself

3) Hire a proven winner as the head football coach who can compete with the border rivals and then progresses to competing with OSU and PSU - a person who understands actions speak louder than words

4) Replace Dave Lee as the radio play by play announcer - complete shill who is awful at describing the game and is a laughing stock to informed Gopher fans and our rivals

Go Gophs!

1) When Bruinicks retires replace him with a President who understands that most football recruits are atheletes first and students second (I understand they have to attend class and pass) - good example is when Donna Shalala came to WI

No.

If I gave your post serious thought, I'd probably come to agree with you on at least a couple of points. However, since absolutely none of those things are at all likely to happen until the end of next season at the earliest, all of these issues are way off my radar. The reality is what it is, and until it's time for any of these people to be replaced, I'll simply hope that they can and will do better in the future.

2) Replace the A.D. with someone with a winning mentality and not a softy who repeats the tired "we want to live up to the values of the university" nonsense and demands accountability of the coaching staffs and himself

3) Hire a proven winner as the head football coach who can compete with the border rivals and then progresses to competing with OSU and PSU - a person who understands actions speak louder than words

4) Replace Dave Lee as the radio play by play announcer - complete shill who is awful at describing the game and is a laughing stock to informed Gopher fans and our rivals

Go Gophs!

"football recruits are atheletes first and students second"

Thankfully that is not the case. Most recruits never start, they spend their 4 of 5 years trying to get playing time. Whatever dream they have of playing in the NFL disappears once they realize they may never play in college. Also, to play you must be on course to graduate within 4-years.

Go Gophs!

You nailed this right on the head, Dave Lee is terrrible.

Top Bottom