It's official, March Madness is cancelled

Did we miss this?

https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/ncaa-spring-athletes-will-keep-year-of-eligibility/

"
NCAA: Spring athletes will keep year of eligibility
Student-athletes who participate in spring sports will not lose a year of eligibility due to the coronavirus pandemic, the NCAA announced Friday.

A day after spring season championships were canceled and nearly all the spring sports were eliminated, this was one way to make up for the lost season for baseball, softball, lacrosse and track and field athletes, among others.

“Council leadership agreed that eligibility relief is appropriate for all Division I student-athletes who participated in spring sports,” the NCAA said in a statement. “Details of eligibility relief will be finalized at a later time. Additional issues with NCAA rules must be addressed, and appropriate governance bodies will work through those in the coming days and weeks.”

"
Welp, Pitino's needed "grad transfer big" that all the Pitino bobos are salivating over is done.

Ladies and gents....meet Alihan Demir!

No it’s only for spring sports.

Baseball, softball, track, lacrosse

Welp, Pitino's needed "grad transfer big" that all the Pitino bobos are salivating over is done.

Ladies and gents....meet Alihan Demir!
Jumping the gun on that one, Bobo

Easy at the athlete level, you just extend their clock a year. They still only get four seasons of participation.

Don't see how you do it at the school level. Do you just say those athletes don't count against the headcounts and equivalency counts??
I think that’s easy too, yes you just give extra scholarship allowances for one year. if Schools can’t afford to have extra scholarships and want to bring in freshmen, then you allow outgoing seniors a no penalty Stanford and for one year only a grad transfer doesn’t count towards scholarship limits.

Most seniors in most sports won’t come back. Most people love sports but realize starting a career is more important than taking a 5th or 6th year.

Although, there might not be a good job market either...so maybe more people will want to stay than I think. At the D2 and D3 level hardly anyone would stay an extra year if they’re graduating

I think with the coming recession, the jobs are not going to be there, at least like they were. I would definitely advise seniors who think they're graduating this spring to reassess that and see if their school offers a 5 year extended program where they can leave with a coursework only master's.

I think with the coming recession, the jobs are not going to be there, at least like they were. I would definitely advise seniors who think they're graduating this spring to reassess that and see if their school offers a 5 year extended program where they can leave with a coursework only master's.
A recovery from this will be faster than a typical recovery IMO. The last event like this was exacerbated by soldiers losing jobs to World War One ending too. Yet the decade that followed was the roaring 20s.
It just a matter of getting the medical situation under control.

Top Bottom