It's official, March Madness is cancelled

It really, really sucks but it's the right move.

Sports are down to Nascar and golf for the next few months.

By no means do i think this is likely, but I wonder if any players will make a case for an extra year of eligibility and use this as a reason. Im thinking of like the ETSU seniors, sure we played a year but we missed out on our shot at an NCAA tournament. Again I doubt they would grant it but would be interesting if someone appealed for it.

By no means do i think this is likely, but I wonder if any players will make a case for an extra year of eligibility and use this as a reason. Im thinking of like the ETSU seniors, sure we played a year but we missed out on our shot at an NCAA tournament. Again I doubt they would grant it but would be interesting if someone appealed for it.

I actually was thinking about Georgia Tech accepting a one year post-season ban during a season without a postseason.

The Masters is next, one would assume.
I read the PGA is going to continue without fans. Having been to The Masters, the patrons really do a number on that course. I am interested in seeing it without people on it.

Oklahoma State coach Mike Boynton: “Seniors, if they want, should have another year. Special permission on scholarship numbers for an unprecedented circumstance. Next year only.”

Oklahoma State coach Mike Boynton: “Seniors, if they want, should have another year. Special permission on scholarship numbers for an unprecedented circumstance. Next year only.”

An unprecedented SEVENTH year opportunity!

My daughter's D3 gymnastics team failed to qualify for the national championship meet, and we've been bummed as hell, but now there's a silver lining: had they qualified, we'd have bought plane tickets to Ithaca within hours at substantial cost--and now with no reason to travel.

This is all such a shame. March is going to be SO EMPTY without basketball...

Chive TV! Nah. This has been a terrible day for sports but the right moves to make. I hope they may reconsider playing the tourney in a month. Please.

We are shutting down the country over 38 deaths. Hell, this country should never be open again because car accidents, the regular flu, and choking have taken more lives than the coronavirus flu has in this same amount of time. I understand taking precautions, but cancelling the entire tournament seems over the top. They could have played the games without fans present. But, the hysteria train is in full throttle.

Last edited:

We are shutting down the country over 38 deaths. Hell, this country should never be open again because car accidents, the regular flu, and chocking have taken more lives than the coronavirus flu has in this same amount of time. I understand taking precautions, but cancelling the entire tournament seems over the top. They could have played the games without fans present. But, the hysteria train is in full throttle.
As was mentioned by someone wise in another thread: this is as much about liability (lawsuits) as anything.

We are shutting down the country over 38 deaths. Hell, this country should never be open again because car accidents, the regular flu, and chocking have taken more lives than the coronavirus flu has in this same amount of time. I understand taking precautions, but cancelling the entire tournament seems over the top. They could have played the games without fans present. But, the hysteria train is in full throttle.
Hoping you're being sarcastic. If not, get a life.

Some relevant quotes: Nancy P. "This is the end of civilization as we know it" Bernie S "This is the equivalent of a MAJOR war" Governor of Oregon "Never in history have we ever seen any thing like this" I guess that last on is the nearest to the truth. Never have so many ever been so panicked over so little.

MYAS just canceled the traveling boys state tournament some 800 plus teams.

I have a life and I am still living it despite being surrounded by hysteria.
Selfish and stupid also - it’s not hysteria , it’s smart actions taken to get the spreading virus to wash over America at a slower rate so our medical facilities aren’t overwhelmed - read some news out of Italy of triage decisions and they have to choose who gets the dwindling ventilators or care. Cases are much higher than reported and without increased testing there’s a lot of people walking around with it. The administrations decision to close borders is like locking the door after the murderers already in your house.

Some relevant quotes: Nancy P. "This is the end of civilization as we know it" Bernie S "This is the equivalent of a MAJOR war" Governor of Oregon "Never in history have we ever seen any thing like this" I guess that last on is the nearest to the truth. Never have so many ever been so panicked over so little.
Pelosi's quote was "civilization as we know it is at stake" and was referring to the 2020 election. I don't agree with that statement, but at least use the quote correctly. Italy is literally having a response at a similar level as it did in WWII, so Bernie isn't exactly wrong there.

Seeing a lot of that talk already. It wouldn't shock me. They will have to allow more than 13 scholarships though. Who's ready for more Hurt and Demir?!?

Top Bottom