It's official: Dandridge gone

Well that's too bad. I hope he can get his act together and get into another school.

It still astounds me that Division 1 athletes know they are under the microscope in a big way, are constantly reminded of it by their coaches, and proceed to do things like this. In addition, they repeat the same offense after they've been caught for it. Just stupid.

As of 7:30 CT the strib.com is running the story under the headline "Brewster booted from U football team". Can't make it up.

As of 7:30 CT the strib.com is running the story under the headline "Brewster booted from U football team". Can't make it up.
Why is the newspaper a dying industry? Hmmmm. Maybe it's wishful thinking on Fat Pat and Spewhan's part.

it has been fixed. who are the idiots "left" over at the star tribune that they even let that post to the site with such a headline in the first place!? get a clue strib.

Strib sucks but that doesn't change the fact that this Dandridge thing sucks too. 1) I hope the kid gets it together, finds another school and gets his act on the straight and narrow to graduate. 2) I think this is a big loss to the team. I expected him to be a key contributor at FS the next couple years. Perhaps a Co-Captain or something his Sr year? 3) Mr Samsonite was right. Respect.

Strib sucks but that doesn't change the fact that this Dandridge thing sucks too. 1) I hope the kid gets it together, finds another school and gets his act on the straight and narrow to graduate. 2) I think this is a big loss to the team. I expected him to be a key contributor at FS the next couple years. Perhaps a Co-Captain or something his Sr year? 3) Mr Samsonite was right. Respect.
If he violated the "3 strikes" rule, so be it. I was around his age when I got smacked with a DUI. One strike was all I needed to wake the hell up, and all I had to lose was a 25K per year job. If I had a free education staring me in the face, I'd have straightened up and flew right after the first hiccup.

My apologies to Mr. Samsonite for doubting him. Keep the insider info coming and i'll be sure to believe it.

Brew tried to warn Dandridge with the first 2-game suspension. Guess some never get the point...........shape up or ship out. Sorry, Tim, you were given the second chance and you blew it. Have a good life, kid. :(

My apologies to Mr. Samsonite for doubting him. Keep the insider info coming and i'll be sure to believe it.

Not to sound preachy but I seriously beg to differ, I take issue with people who have access to the program taking advantage and spewing their guts. The only reason they do this is for selfish reasons. Nothing good comes of this. If you want to be a frigging reporter include your real name by each post. Being an anonymous "reporter" with an anonymous "source" is plain weak.

You don't think Gopherlady or Zach had this information? I'd be willing to bet big money they did but chose not to report it.

There was a reason for the time lag between when the "Dandridge" situation became known and it was given to the media, it's called due diligence and due process.

Its one thing for someone without a direct connection to the program speculating and someone with one. It's obvious that "Mr. Samsonite" has a direct connection or source to or in the program. These young men have enough scrutiny and pressure coming at them from outside the program; they do not need folks inside the program adding to that by "leaking" stuff. Do you think if it were his "source" who had an issue he would be so quick to release that?

I believe that the access given to family members come with a responsibility, parents parent, coaches coach and the head coach determines what information he wants to release and when he wants to release it.:cool02:

Don't mind speculation on recruiting,

but posting on a kids misfortune other then stating the obvious for those who don't have access
to a newspaper is just plain gossip.

The ethics of leaking a story aside, this should mean more playing time for Shady on defense. At least in the short term until some of the young kids get up to speed. Hate to see Tim go but the program moves on.

Wow...it's on ESPN.com......seriously, the gophers have to be the team with the most negative publicity on that website the last few months...

Top Bottom